All Topics / Help Needed! / Is Positive Gearing a Piece of Nostalgia in WA?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of millerkcmillerkc
    @millerkc

I’ve just read thru a couple of Steve’s books and I must say that the concept of purchasing (lots of) positively geared properties beats the hell out of neagtive gearing. The problem is, I’m not sure such a creature exists in WA any longer. Perth seems certainly out of the question. I’ve been scouring the internet for country properties and as far as I can see the price of real estate in all towns with more than “one horse” and any long term prospects for tenants or economic growth are well past the “11 second solution” or anything like it.

So I’d love to hear any suggestions to the contrary. Maybe commercial properties – which I know nothing about. Again, any advice in this area appreciated.

[rambo2]

Profile photo of crushercrusher
    Participant
    @crusher

You should be able to find something suitable in or around Kalgoorlie if you try hard enough. It is not a one horse town. I have a great CF+ IP there.

I know of particular cashflow positive deals in various areas of WA but they are the type that require a bit more risk in order to get the cashflow. Risk vs return is something you will need to consider carefully.

Good luck.

Todd Burns
    http://www.freepropertyhelp.com.au

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling
    The problem is, I’m not sure such a creature exists in WA any longer. Perth seems certainly out of the question.

Hiya K C Miller,

I suppose it depends by what you exactly define as a “creature”. Steve’s stock that he describes in his book were a while back now and not quite relevant today.

If you mean like a 36K house renting for say $ 100 p.w., well then yes, in Perth I imagine you shall struggle.

If you mean some 20 MM office block renting for $ 35,000 nett per week after all property costs, then no, they are available if you have that sort of chunk of change.

In summary, +CF properties are quite numerous if you know where to look, but the majority of investors simply cannot buy them.

How many people jump on Re.com and type in for their selection criteria only props over 20 MM ?? [blush2]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.