All Topics / Overseas Deals / 100% US Finance

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

After many years of trying we have now negotiated with a few select private vendor that the will offer 100% finance for Australian Foreign Nationals on properties in both Buffalo & San Antonio.

Each of these properties will come with a full independant property appraisal confirming the purchase price and also where practical and requested we try and arrange for the tenants to in place prior to closing.

We have successfully closed 2 deals in Texas and like to think the buyers are extremely happy with their purchases. Interest rates vary but on the last deal were 7.25% fixed.

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    **NODOC loans from 7.14%**
    Licensed Financial Planner
    http://www.yourstatefinance.com
    [email protected]
    Ph: 07-3720 1888

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Richard

is this finance available to our investors, we have about 30 Texan properties to close in the next month/s. These properties are purchased well below appraised value, is your finance available for these properties ? Your financier will have no problem with the equity we have.

Regards westan

USA deals, cash flow equity and capital growth all in one property.
    International Property Consulting Pty/Ltd.
    Property Investing New Zealand Ltd
    http://www.iproperty.net.au

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Probably not. We have received so many enquiries since I launched this a week ago it is not funny.

Perhaps i might have let the cat out of the bag too early.

We are closing these deals at a couple a week and think I will restrict application to certain introducers only.

Richard Taylor
    [email protected]

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Richard

thanks anyway.

I gather this money is for deals where people are paying full retail for properties through your business contacts and not open to people bringing deals to you ?

regards westan

USA deals, cash flow equity and capital growth all in one property.
    International Property Consulting Pty/Ltd.
    Property Investing New Zealand Ltd
    http://www.iproperty.net.au

Profile photo of kiwiduvetkiwiduvet
    @kiwiduvet

Richard i think you really have opened a can of worms, I would recommed this is open to experienced US property purchasers, who know for real the what can go wrongs items and financially allocate them into their budgets

when the going gets weird the weird turn pro

Participant
    @qlds007

Sorry for the delay in replying Westan.

No all of the deals we have done do far have been done at wholesale pricing.

Just that we need to control the properties to avoid poor appraisals.

Richard Taylor
    [email protected]

Profile photo of US Investment LoansUS Investment Loans
    @us-investment-loans

There are lenders in the US that can do 90% foreign national loans. No credit scores or documentation needed.

Ben Carmona
    Mortgage Planning Consultant
    “Specializing In Investment Loans”
    First National Mortgage Sources
    314-914-6052 c
    866-226-6309 f
    [email protected]
    http://www.BenCarmona.com

Lending Nationwide Throughout the US

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Have u actually settled any of the 90% USA loans to Ozzie foreign nationals Ben or are u going off what u have been told?
    Because I have spoken to alot of lenders that initially say it will be fine but then when they try , they realise its not as easy as fiirst thought.
    It would be great for us ozzies if u have!

We’ve got 70 yrs on planet earth,Lets make the most of every day!

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Participant
    @qlds007

The sImple answer is No he hasn’t

It cannot be done. 80% is par for the course and with many lenders that is State specific.

90% is available if restricted areas in Florida to British Passport holders.

Richard Taylor
    [email protected]

@us-investment-loans

Ok,

Now I’ll speak for myself and attempt not to care of how seemingly rude Richard’s last reply was. (That’s ok Richard, I’ll forgive you but wont be able to help get that shoe out of your mouth.)

Simple fact is that 90% is available to Australian investors looking to purchase in the US. Just because someone has never presented this option does not meen it does not exist.

New programs and changing guidelines are a constant in the mortgage world. Here in the US, the big market is 100% financing and cash out immediately after purchases. You wouldn’t believe how many brokers tell their clients it can’t be done.

Ben Carmona
    314-914-6052 c
    866-226-6309 f
    [email protected]

Participant
    @qlds007

Ben

We should point out that the minimum purchase price is $100,000 for a loan > 80% and it is made of up a 1st & 2nd lender. Min Loan $100K Min purchase price $111,000.
    Unsure as to the interest rate of the 2nd lender but i assume that is it higher than the first.

As most of the loans we process for our clients are under $100K it might not be of much use at this stage.

I do have 1 lender who will do 100% finance for the smaller loans on a similar basis with a 70 /30 split which is where the majority of our market is. Limit is 4 loans per person and they have no minimum purchase price. And Yes i can closed 3 recently.

Also another NY based lender does 100% loans for FN’s but minimum loan is $250K USD.

Richard Taylor
    [email protected]

@us-investment-loans

That’s a great opportunity you have for your clients that need or want 100% financing. I’m sure you’ve worked hard to build that relationship. Is this the loan that is only available in San Antonio and Buffalo? How about documentation – can they do that with no credit score, no employment, no income, and no assets?

Thank you for clarifying the minimum for those who are targeting lower valued properties. Actually the minimum purchase price would be $100,000. If the majority of the investors on this board are purchasing for under $100,000 then it makes sense to add this in here. Who know’s, now that 90% is availble, maybe the median purchase prices will increase.

Rates on 2nd mortgages are of course higher; as with any loan the risk to the lender will dictate rates. A high ltv (lvr) loan scenario and 2nd mortgage would be considered higher risks.

As you can imagine there are many caviats within loan requirements no matter who the lender is. For simplicity it would be best for those who are interested to contact me directly for additional details.

I should have mentioned also that I do have a private lender who said they would consider doing 100% rehab loans for foreign nationals. The loans are based upon the after repaired value. Normally they will loan up to 70%. This loan can cover the cost, payments, fix up money, and purchase. So 100% of everything if it fits within the 70% (arv -after repaired value). These are short term loans, 6 months, and the terms are generally higher based upon the risk and loan type. $50k is the minimum loan amount. For those that are interested, I can discuss through email. These can also be done on properties that dont need to be rehabbed but are just available for purchase well below market value. Since these are short term loans, I do have several lenders that will do refinances immediately based upon the new value.

Ben Carmona
    314-914-6052 c
    866-226-6309 f
    [email protected]

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Sounds great Ben!
    Thanks so much for yr advice.
    Have u done many of these loans (90 to 100%) to Aussies yet?
    could u give us a break down please of the interest rates and fees
    in total please?
    Thanks mate!
    I know many people will be keen at the right price.

Luke

We’ve got 70 yrs on planet earth,Lets make the most of every day!

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

@us-investment-loans

Luke,

Thank you for your interest. After I had been contacted by several investors from Australia, I realized how strong the need was in your country for additional financing options. Not only that, but also having a contact here the US that understands the financing of investment properties. Building strong relationship of those you can depend upon is key in this business.

I have been in the mortgage industry for about 8 years, 5 of these as a consultant for those needing mortgage loans. Over the last couple years my focus has strictly been on investment loans. There are always new programs or enhanced changes to guidelines with the lenders in the US. Staying aware of these and spending time looking for new sources of funds is imperative in staying a head of the pack.

This program was revealed to me just several months back after originally being contacted by a foreign national who needed financing. Unfortunately the property itself didn’t meet the requirements. I took it upon myself to contact the sales rep, manager, and underwriter for the lender so they could answer specific questions. In doing this, I have been made keenly aware of the parameters and guidelines.

I knew right away after hearing from the first Australian investor that this program would match up terrifically.

There are several factors that go in to deterring rates on these conventional mortgages. The investors goal on how long they will hold, term of loan, documentation type, loan size, and property type are just a couple examples. Frankly, I find it unprofessional when quotes are just tossed around open forums such as this. People can read too much into one number and think they will ultimately get that same great rate. When in fact, every lending scenario is unique. What I prefer is to have a consultation with clients to address their goal for the property along with qualification criteria.

In terms of the private financing for the short term rehab loans, that has not been fully worked out for foreign nationals yet. That was a conversation that I had with a private lender that I do business with here in the US. Private (hard money) funds has become a great source here in the US for rehabbers that either do not have the money to purchase and fix up or the credit to qualify for conventional loans. Here in the US, most lenders will only fund a property based upon the current condition. If the appraisal reflects it is below average habitable living conditions they will not make a loan it. Some of those same lenders offer rehab loans but you need 10% down. Financing for foreign nationals is not available on those either. Most local banks in a neighbor also want 15-25% down on rehabs until you build a relationship with them. So for most that only leaves hard money lenders that look more at the deal than credit, income, or assets. They base the loan on the after repaired value which most of the times is enough to get 100% of the funds for the project. I refer many people to this lender and they have closed about 95% of the referrals. So I asked them if they would consider foreign nationals and they said it may be possible. Each transaction is independent from the other. Terms on this loan for the US clients are for the most part set and there are no factors. Rate is usually 14%, they have 5-6 points (1 pt = 1%), ~$1,750 in normal loan fees (title, inspections, draws, processing…etc). I couldn’t say what it may be for a foreign national loan. This can be addressed as we move forward in having them look at deals that may need this type of financing.

Feel free to send me your email if you would like to discuss financing scenarios for the conventional 90% loan.

Ben Carmona
    314-914-6052 c
    866-226-6309 f
    [email protected]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.