All Topics / Value Adding / Shower options

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of as41as41
    Participant
    @as41

Has anyone had any experience with putting in a frameless shower screen? Are they easy ? Cheap? compard to a normal shower fitout? Also, do you need to have the tiles inside sloping or do you just put it over the existing tiles?[inlove]

Snowflake

Profile photo of fernfurnfernfurn
    @fernfurn

They are not cheap. Semi frameless are better value and look nearly as good. Compare different companies until you find the cheapest that looks the best. They do allow a lot of splashing around the door though. We actually put one in ourselves and because its toughened glass you shouldn’t have any trouble with breakage but ithey are very big and you may scratch something getting it in and you would have to be scrupulous with sealing. If it was me I would pay installation

Fern

Profile photo of peejay121764peejay121764
    Participant
    @peejay121764

I too like the semi frameless rather than the 100% frameless. I also prefer a shower with a solid base. The base goes down and is rebated slightly into the wall studs. The one piece wall panel is then glued onto the two walls (no corner join) and then the glass walls are positioned onto the inside rim of the base. I have installed a number of these and depending on your taste, work really well. There is no chance of a leak at the base or in the corner and you still have the benefit of the new glass panel with the pivoting door. Just another option to think about.

Profile photo of tgavin71tgavin71
    @tgavin71

After venturing out with hubby looking at the exact same thing we both liked the frameless shower screen but we are going to get it wih the acrylic walls and floor. To save space we have choosen a corner shower. This means it is all in one unit and no tiling is needed. Our house has a lot of movement due to coal trains on the nearby rail line. Not sure how it compares in price to having the tiling though.
    Also the doors instead of swinging in you can now get ones that slide instead. You hold one handle in left hand and one handle in right hand and separate the doors. It is a great concept but I am a little concerned about the wear on the rollers.

Only stupid people don’t ask questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.