All Topics / Help Needed! / Advice for buying Land

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of jacliftjaclift
    @jaclift

Hello,

I have never bought land before and now considering it. Can you please offer advice on what to look for in positioning, and all the other things that i should consider (that i have no idea about). Probably common sense things but i dont know where to start.

Also, how to negotiate on sale price of the land (if that is normally done). I wouldn’t know where to start there either…[confused2]

Appreciate your comments and opinions.

Profile photo of imported_DEANNAimported_DEANNA
    @deanna

I’ll assume you are buying to gain capitial growth? DO you then want to build and sell or build and rent it out? The answer to your other questions about posiition etc are the same as if it was an established house. Buy where people want to live, near public transport, near work, near the beach, near schools and shopping centers etc. Tell me more about your stategy before I can help you with land purchase. Dont forget about the dreaded CGT.
    Deanna

Profile photo of jacliftjaclift
    @jaclift

I would like to buy for anticipated capital growth. I have a few areas in mind and the location of the land release estate and surrounding amenities are all acceptable. What im not sure of is choosing the actual site. Things like:

* Site elevation
    * facing position
    * elevation/views etc

What sort of things should i look out for and/or avoid?

Also is it expected that you pay the exact asking price on land or is it open to negotiation? What sort of things can you negotiate – terms? (sorry, total novice here…)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.