All Topics / Finance / a little lost??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of tamtamtamtam
    @tamtam

hi all!! i will try and give as much deatails as i can on this!!
    i am still new to all this!! i have two investment properties. one in sydney worth about $310000-$330000, it is getting $210 a week. the balance of the $191000 loan is $158000.
    my other one is in caboolture! worth about $220000- $230000. this one rents at $200 a week! the loan is interest only and divided into a $176000 loan and $57000 loan! i am looking at buying another investment property up to about $300000, hopefully a purchase price of about $170000-$250000! is it a good idea to keep a neww loan separate from the others???? will the loan incorporate the closing costs???? i am better off going with a bank, morgage broker, credit union or the existing credit union i am with???? any help would be appreciated!!!!!

ta

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Two choices.

Link the new property with the first property and borrow 100% plus costs. Downside is the fact they are linked.

Alternatively borrow 20% plus costs against the firsat place then get a seperate 80% loan for the new IP. Downside is the added work and fees. Also is a little less tidy when presenting records to your accountant.

Clearly I would strongly recommend using a good broker. They are very familiar with what you are doing and will quickly identify the best lender for you.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of tamtamtamtam
    @tamtam

thanku simon!! can u recommend any one in sydney at all that is good and reliable and how much do they usually charge for this???

ta

Profile photo of hellmanhellman
    @hellman

“thanku simon!! can u recommend any one in sydney at all that is good and reliable ?”

Now days with the internet (and faxes /express post) using an interstate mortgage broker is not a problem. From memory Simon has a presence in Syd as does Terryw (who is also on this forum).

“and how much do they usually charge for this???”

Nothing! The bank pays them – you don’t have too! The banks see it as a cost saving: paying one broker (paid only when a loan settles) vrs running a whole branch network).

hellman

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.