All Topics / Help Needed! / Property managment

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of summer2006summer2006
    @summer2006

I have an investment property being managed by an agent. The agent seems very busy and dosn’t return my calls. My tenants have also being trying to get on to her and oblivously couldn’t so rang a tradesperson without going though the agent and sent me the bill which i knew nothing about. What do you think should happen here? The agent should pay the bill since they are not working for their management fee?

Profile photo of CallanderCallander
    Participant
    @callander

You need a new PM.

Under certain cercumstances the tenant does have the right to get repairs done themselves and get reimbursed for it. but there are steps that the tenant needs to take for this to happen.

I would be advising your PM that you will not be paying the account as they have not lived up to their end of the deal as they are obviously not managing your property. If things get nasty i would also (if your agent is a memeber of the REIV, REIT etc) lodge a complaint. if this is happening to you they are probably doing the same to other landlords and this just gives the industry a bad name. [angry2] If you are in VIC i may know someone who can manage your property professionally.

If i can be of assistance let me know.
    Good Luck

Profile photo of summer2006summer2006
    @summer2006

Thanks for your adivce. It is hard to find a good PM I really tried hard and interviewed a lot before i went with this one. And I didn’t realise when i signed up the lady i thought i signed with just went out and got the business. I was then passed to a PM I didn’t know.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.