All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying IP which backs onto motorway

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of SK2SK2
    @sk2

Hi, I have seen some new house and land packages for sale where the price is below the suburb average. The real estate agent told me that these properties do back onto the motorway however there are noise barriers in place so there wouldn’t be too much noise pollution and that it would still be possible to get it rented.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Should it matter too much since noise barriers are in place?

Thanks

Profile photo of flatoutflatout
    @flatout

Personally I wouldn’t touch them – I’d rather pay a little bit more for an IP and not have the worry about whether or not it can be rented. Realistically you would probably have to charge a bit less rent to attract a tennant than you would for the same property situated away from the motorway. So your yields and out of pocket expense will probably be the same for a better located property…you need to do your sums. Also, think about when you eventually want to sell the property – it could be a bit harder to move. Having said all that, there’s a buyer for everything.

Flatout.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi SK,

Adding to flatout’s thoughts – a busy road is only going to get busier.

Pay a little more and get a ‘better’ property.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958
    Skype – derekjones2113

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.