All Topics / Value Adding / Reno to sell or hold (frankston south)??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of michelle34michelle34
    @michelle34

Hi there
    we purchased our first investment property in south frankston (melbourne bayside suburb) 8 months ago with the intention of renovating and selling within a two year time frame (this is a JV with a family member). As there is talk that the area has longer term potential with the possible development of a marine and redevlopment of the ‘town centre’, we’re now wondering if it would be more profitable to complete the renovations (mainly only cosmetic) and rent the house out for another 3 years or so rather than complete the renovations and sell in another year. Would appreciate any input.
    Many thanks.

Profile photo of michaelfranzmichaelfranz
    @michaelfranz

I am originally from Melbourne and know the area well. I dont think you can go wrong holding onto good property in this area to profit from capital appreciation. Especially a large block of land. Why dont you sit down and crunch the numbers – say 7% avg capital growth over the next ten years. you might find the figures to be amazingly high. I just sold a property for 410k having bought for 250k ( did a 25k reno) in under 3 years. the area is still rising quite sharply. Remember sea side property is in very short supply!

Profile photo of warrenwilliamwarrenwilliam
    @warrenwilliam

look at ur own situation.i think this area will go ahead albeit at a steady growth minimum.un less ur desperate 4 the the funds 2 invastc in a sure high growth capitatal area i would sit and wait as buyingf and selling costs will sometim,es nagate the profit u will make somnewhere else.i recently bought a house in frankston north but i am amore ur buy vand hold 4 long term investor

Profile photo of michelle34michelle34
    @michelle34

thanks for your input guys, i’m with you … i think it’s probably best to hold onto it.. just hoping the house won’t be too hard to rent out … its a two story (ocean glimpses from upstairs) 3br with 3 living areas, 2 bathrooms, double garage and inground pool. we’re even thinking about adding another room so we’re able to ask more rent.

Profile photo of michaelfranzmichaelfranz
    @michaelfranz

think real hard about adding another room, they can be sooooo expensive! get an accountant to crunch the numbers on that one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.