All Topics / Creative Investing / Buy & Onsell in WA (Flip?)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of McHenryMcHenry
    @mchenry

I have the possibility of purchasing a property wel under valuation and would like to advertise it and onsell it without me ever having taken posession to avoid stamp duty. Accordingly I have the following questions:

Can I market and sell the property to a 3rd party even though I don’t own it ?

If not by obtaining an option from the vendor first am I then able to ?

Can I avoid the 3rd party knowing what i paid for the property ?

If settlement is between the vendor & 3rd party what price is on the contact of sale and how do i get my piece of the action ?

Thanks

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi McHenry

As you say, if you undertake a “flip” in this situation, you’ll have to pay stamp duty.

We use a carefully worded option to get the result you’re looking for. It works for us in NSW, i.e. we option for one price, we advertise and then on sell at a higher price. It took us awhile to get the option wording correct and to get all the steps organised, eg. dealing with agents and valuers but it can be done.

Also, once you are an option holder you are allowed to advertise the optioned property.

Cheers, Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I think i am right in saying that there is Stamp Duty on an Option Contract in WA.

Check with the OSR in WA but i think it is one of the States that bought it in.

By doing a Transfer by Direction the end purchaser will still now what you paid for the property.

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    **Lodoc Commercial loans from 7.39%**
    Licensed Financial Planner
    Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

In WA a put/call option will attract imediate stamp duty, but I am told just a put or just a call by itself is ok.

when flipping in WA it is probably just easier to pay the stamp duty and be done with it.

http://www.megapropertygroup.com

INVESTMENT SALES * RENTAL SOLUTIONS * STRATA MANAGEMENT

Profile photo of jscottjscott
    @jscott

Stamp duty is payable in WA when you have an option to buy on a property, but its only applied to the up-front option fee not the whole price of the house…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.