All Topics / General Property / The next 25 years.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of The Wild OneThe Wild One
    @the-wild-one

Would you sell, or stop investing, if I was to tell you that in the next 25 years the world is going to witness dozens of horrific events.

There will be famine, millions will die.
    There’s going to be several major wars.
    An outbreak of a two deadly viruses.
    We are all going to live in fear of Terrorist. Including us Aussies.
    Some very serious Earth Quakes, and Hurricanes.
    Two devastating Tsunamies.
    Interest rates a round the world are going to reach record levels.
    Shares are going to dramatically fall, causing a recession.

In Australia we are going to see the longest drought on record, farmers will go broke.
    We will be importing fruit and vegies from China.
    100,000 or more jobs lost.
    Dozens of companies close down and re-open over sea’s.
    Insurance companies going under.
    Hundreds will loose there homes from bush fires.

The list goes on.

I’m in no way trying to be funny.
    I ,along with you all have been very saddened by these advents.

I had read something simular on a westpac site. They where just making a point that even though all these things have happened. The investors that had continued to invest during uncertain times are now extremely well off.
    We should put the negative thoughts in context, and be positive about the future.

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi The Wild One
    simple answer is yes.
    as you would adjust your strucure to accomodate any change and if your structure is flexable to adjust
    the answer will still be yes.
    the only thing that may change my mind is if an alien is stood behind me with a light gun at my head and if you see a post that grossrealisation has stopped investing then call for men in black to kill him as I would propably be already dead.

here to help
    If you want to get involved in some of the projects I’m involved in email to [email protected]

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi The Wild One,

Would continue to invest too.

While the events you have listed are potentially quite devastating they would compare on similar levels to some of the ‘major issues’ of the past. With good research and prudent decision making an individual can still progress their investments even in time of adversity.

I recommend a read of Fred Johnsons Story (page 76 of Jan Somers – Story by Story) which outlines some of the ‘significant events’ of the recent past and how the herd continually told Fred not to invest. He didn’t listen and now is a very successful investor.

While some of the events may seem a little less ‘significant’ by way of comparison to your list they were, in their time, major.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.