All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Depreciation schedules

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of leapfrogaustralialeapfrogaustralia
    @leapfrogaustralia

Hi all,

Who can recommend a good quantity surveyor to create depreciation schedules for older properties in Adelaide SA and Kalgoorlie WA.
    Is a site visit always required? is it worth doing this for properties older than 20 years?

Can you update an existing schedule? How does that work with the ATO?

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

The value of commissioning a schedule on an older property is sometimes questionable.
    If it’s, say, a 70s property with no carpet and a rundown original kitchen, there won’t be a huge amount you can depreciate.
    You can self assess the value of items such as stove, curtains, ceiling fans.
    Send me an e-mail if you like with a description of the properties and I’ll let you know whether it’s worth getting a schedule done.
    Don’t forget, that if a previous owner renovated the property after Feb 92, you can depreciate the renovation costs. (That’s when you’ll need a site visit.)
    When you say ‘update an existing schedule’, I’m not sure what you mean. If the schedule is wrong, or if you have made changes to the property, then yes it can be updated.
    We naturally have people in Adelaide and we get to Kalgoorlie every few months.
    Scott

Tax Depreciation Schedules
    Australia wide service
    1300 660033
    [email protected]
    http://www.depreciator.com.au

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.