All Topics / Help Needed! / Hints and tips storage techniques

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of GeoffBeckGeoffBeck
    @geoffbeck

Looking for ideas how to file or store hints and tips data on real estate into one easy quick reference system. Over the years I have collected many articles, notes, newsletters, newspaper clippings, magazine articles forum data, etc etc but haven’t managed to master a good efficient way to collate for quick reference. Has anyone any ideas or suggestions that they would like to reveal?

One thought was to get a series of folders with many dividers, then categorise the data some how…. Has anyone done it this way?

Cheers GeoffB

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

No..

But sounds interesting..

I have a wealth of data as well, One day i’ll put it into a more user friendly system (maybe even a quick reference guide)

let me know how you go..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Once upon a time I DID organise my stuff- I think I used concept files (but there are other methods as well)

First identify your concepts, e.g. Property management, Advertising, Insurance, Area research, Type of property etc…

Then, like librarians do, make up as many keywords as you can in each concept e.g.: houses, units, student accommodation, high-rise, duplexes, studio’s, old buildings, new buildings, etc). Or keywords can be synonyms of the main concept.

So you can have a separate map for each concept, and if necessary, inside that main map you can have sub-maps on which you can write the keywords.

It is easier if you follow through with certain colours of maps, eg red for the main concept maps, blue for submaps, perhaps you need to divide the sub-map into another sub-map; use a different colour again.

This is, I think, a quite old-fashioned way of storing info, which I used in my studies and work years ago.

Shame that I am not nearly as organized as I used to be. [blush2]

It’s gonna take up a lot of space- the best thing I find is buy a filing cabinet.

Celivia

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

I keep all my hints and tips in my diary, with an explanation and story around the subject matter.

Hopefully when the girls ask me how we managed to construct our portfolio in the years to come or when they are adults themselves, they’ll be able to have a jolly good read. Human memory is a terribly holey and biased thing.

Cheers,

Dazzling

“No point having a cake if you can’t eat it.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.