All Topics / Finance / I/O payments on $100,000

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of jimfoxjimfox
    @jimfox

Can anyone tell me where i can find out what the payments would be on an interest only loan for $100,000 over 15 years.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

At about 6.6% interest it will be $127.02 pw.

If you have a different rate just ask.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 75% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Nat RNat R
    @nat-r

If you are only paying interest it doesn’t matter if you take the loan over 1 year or 100 years ….the repayments stay the same.

$100,000 x 0.066 = yearly repayment ….then divide by 12 to get monthly, by 52 to get weekly :)

Profile photo of jimfoxjimfox
    @jimfox

Thanks Simon and Nat for the speedy reply. That has put a smile on my face as it is better than i anticipated.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

All depends on the rate Jim.

Nat is correct in the ease of calculating IO – I should have written what she did!

Remember that the IO period will usually be for 5-10 years. If the loan term is for 15 years then the repayments will go up steeply as there will be a lot of principal being repaid in that remaining period.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 75% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.