All Topics / Forum Frolic / Small World

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin

Just like to share something I heard today. My parents recently bought themselves a smaller house. Downsizing, I think it is called. My father is a retired builder so is now enjoying himself renovating this house.

Mum got a pamphlet in the letterbox inviting them to the Baptist church nearby, on a Sunday, as there was to be a special talk on ‘Revelations’.
    Mum didn’t think much about it and tossed it in the bin, as you do.

Few days later, another pamphlet, and the same invitation. Got Mum thinking but wasn’t going to go.

Whilst rummaging around in a drawer, she came across her ‘Happy Book’. (I started one years ago and I include stuff like funny things my kids have said when they were little, and inspirational stuff you collect over the years. Cheers you up when times aren’t so good.) Anyway, Mum’s book only had one entry. An inspiration cartoon published in the paper yrs ago. Guess who wrote it? The speaker for the Baptist church! Well, Mum decided they’d better go to this church and find out what’s doing.

They sat next to a lady and enjoyed the sermon. After church, they spoke to the lady and found she was the owner who had their house built in 1960. Not only that, but she remembered my father, who was only an apprentice builder, way back then, and that he had helped to build the house.

The lady went on to say, she sold the house years later for $68k, but not before it had been on the market for four years! At the time, when she had nearly lost all hope of being able to sell and move on, she prayed “Dont’ you want me to move or something?”. The house sold that week.

Since then the house has been resold for $89k and my parents have just bought it for $145k.

Cheers Brenda.[biggrin]

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.