All Topics / Help Needed! / WHAT IS GOING ON ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of MIKALAMIKALA
    @mikala

Found land and chose house to build through Glenwood Homes (Qld) in June.
    Have only had dealings with the Sales Rep until yesterday when I rang the Manager.
    We have spent around $100 on phone calls to the Sales Rep.
    We had paid $2000 in June which was to cover soil testing etc etc however it was really a deposit on the building contract which was no problem as the Sales Rep told us it would be deducted from the contract price.It was headed up preliminary contract.
    The problem is that we have been requesting the building contract and the Sales Rep has been telling us huge porkies and concocted scenarios regarding the soil testing, costs of inclusions and postage of the building contract.
    After my conversation with the Manager it turns out that the soil testing has not been done and a contract has not even been drawn up.
    1. We received a written estimators quote for the variations based on the supposed soil testing which it turns out has not been done.
    2. The Sales Rep has told me that the building contract has been posted to us 3 times (once by the office and twice by herself personally)
    Bear in mind that we received the land contract in July with no problem.
    I have asked on at least 15 occassions for written confirmation that the land is registered or a letter detailing when it will be registered but only repsonse from Sales Rep was verbal that she was 99% sure that it was registered.
    I am not sure whether the delaying tactics have been the independant actions of the Sales Rep or whether it is with full knowledge of the builder and want to know what reasons could be behind either of these situations.
    If we were not keen to proceed with the deal we would have withdrawn by now and that is what I threatened in the letter sent to the Sales Rep if we did not get our requests answered however the response to that has been further lies and misleading info.
    Any comments or insights anyone might have would be really appreciated as we are totally frustrated and angry at all the lies and misleading information we have been fed by the Sales Rep.
    What do you think might be going on ?

Regards

MIKALA

Profile photo of shake-the-diseaseshake-the-disease
    @shake-the-disease

Wow, you are having this much trouble before a sod has been turned and you still want to proceed.

I’m unclear though whether you have a title to the land?
    Are you obliged to use these guys as your builder?
    Is the $2k refundable?
    Do you only have a verbal that the $2k will be creditted towards the total price?
    Is there a committed completion date with penalties?
    What have you signed?
    Can you contact other buyers in the same situation as you?

Personally I would run away, but not without trying to get the $2k back. If I couldn’t then I still would not sign up for a, say, $200k contract to recoup $2k.

Profile photo of MIKALAMIKALA
    @mikala

Hi,
    Thanks for your response

Are you obliged to use these guys as your builder?
    Yes the builder has hold on land

Is the $2k refundable?
    As they have not performed any of the tasks the $2000 is for, I would say it is refundable at this stage

Do you only have a verbal that the $2k will be creditted towards the total price?
    No, on the preliminary contract it says that it will be credited towards the contract price

Is there a committed completion date with penalties?
    We have not got a contract so No at this stage

What have you signed?
    Have opnly signed the preliminary contract whiich covers only soil testing , wind speed assement , finishing choice etc

Can you contact other buyers in the same situation as you?
    Probably not – I would have no idea how to find out who else has signed with them – I do not think Glenwood homes would offer any names

The main reason we have held in there this long is that the land is a good deal in good location and the house is great – the whole package will really appeal to tenants and as we have another IP not far away (built by someone else) we know that we will easily get tenants paying the rent we want – positive cashflow if we can purchase house at the originally quoted cost.

My concern is that I really do not know whether the Sales Rep has ulterior motives or whether her actions have been with the full knowledge of the builder and why this would be the case !!

Anyone have any ideas on why this could be so ??

MIKALA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.