All Topics / Help Needed! / Finding positive cash flow properties

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of samgliksmansamgliksman
    @samgliksman

I am an Aussie from Melbourne living in Los Angeles. The market here is probably not that different from Melbourne or Sydney. Prices have skyrocketed in recent years and you can’t buy anything below $400K anywhere near LA.

At higher property prices it’s next to impossible finding a property that will rent for enough to generate positive cash flow. If we go too far from Los Angeles (and you have to go a very long way to get property below $250K) then repairs/renovations etc become more of an issue.

Rents just haven’t kept up with prices in big cities and positive cash flow is hard to find. How have other people handled this situation?

Thanks,
    Sam

Profile photo of voigtstrvoigtstr
    @voigtstr

I believe people are either looking in regional hubs that are experienceing growth, or they are generating +ve cashflow by different means, eg wraps or by renovating (so they can increase the rental)

Ive only had Steve’s 0-130 book for a week (also bought 1000000 in property in one year which I havent had a chance to read yet (came with fast track2) ) and Ive found some properties that almost meet the 11 second solution but I havent followed up to see if there is a worthwhile rental need in those areas (isolated communities)

I think the trick is to just look through a big volume of properties until you see one that meets what you need..

Profile photo of Property PassionProperty Passion
    @property-passion

i have been looking for positive cashflow properties, ive had an extreamly hard time finding 1, are there any out there ?

Profile photo of RikkyRikky
    @rikky

It is easy to find them think different, dont just look at the numbers look to value add or to rent out differently or develop to creat + cash.You guys have read the book , think different . I dont find it hard to find the propertys I find it hard to manage the paper work phone calls finance repairs etc . The propertys are every were I look. Please think different.

Cheers Rick

Monopoly, my favourite game

Profile photo of neo25x5neo25x5
    @neo25x5

Agree with Rick here. Finding +cf properties is rarely dished out to you these days. You certainly need to look for it or use creative ways to make an investment cf+. There are several ways to increase rental yields for instance that has a positive effect on cf.

Eric

Profile photo of voigtstrvoigtstr
    @voigtstr
    Originally posted by neo25x5:

Agree with Rick here. Finding +cf properties is rarely dished out to you these days. You certainly need to look for it or use creative ways to make an investment cf+. There are several ways to increase rental yields for instance that has a positive effect on cf.

Eric

Can you list several of the ways to increase rental yeilds please?

Cheers
    Simon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.