All Topics / Help Needed! / Has Anyone considered this?

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of gafamagafama
    @gafama

I think the issue with network marketing (or any other kind of business for that matter) is that people join thinking that it will be a “magic pill” – the opportunity to make lots of money for only a little work.

In reality and in my experience in business, people who makes successes of business are those who feel passionately about what they do and jump in enthusiastically to get it going – and keep it going.

If you don’t feel passionately about AMWAY or any other type of business, I hazard a guess that you’re not going to make much out of it.

Yes, people do make fortunes in networking marketing (and in other types of business) but you really need to put in the hard yards up front.

I guess where I leading with all this is ‘are you prepared to do that?” If so, then go for it. If not, don’t look at it as the magic answer.

Finally, you don’t need a business to start investing – just income, regardless of whether it’s from a business, a job or any other source.

I think Kiyosaki uses it as a suggestion, not a golden rule.

Good luck with what you decide.

Megan

http://www.propertyhub.net

Profile photo of DannyboyDannyboy
    Participant
    @dannyboy

R.Kiyosaki may suggest you join a network marketing company before investing but I never heard Steve Mcknight say that. And Steve seems to be a better property investor than Robert is.

Although I’m a big fan of Kiyosaki it worries me that people consider him to be the “be all and end all” in ivesting.
    I see him as a good motivational tool and educator of the basic principals of investing. Thats all!

Profile photo of techhowsetechhowse
    @techhowse

As Kiyosaki mentioned, all the info he provides is only a guide and no guarantees are made just like his father did likewise to him.

Profile photo of pete rpete r
    @pete-r

Both Steve McKnight and Rob Kiyosaki are successful investors and great motivators and educators, and neither of them makes any guarantees. They both have different approaches and attitudes indicating that there is more that one way to skin a cat.

They do have things in common though. Amongst other things they have learnt through failures. They are passionate about what they do, they have developed success attitudes, and have learnt to persist no matter what others may have thought about them or their ideas.

One of the keys to successful outcomes is not listening to what people say but rather doing what they do if you want the same results. Interestingly, Kiyosaki declares in his book “Business School” that despite his intial beliefs and concerns he has embarked on a business in network marketing because he now understands the concept and sees the benefit.

Each to his/her own.

pr

Profile photo of voigtstrvoigtstr
    @voigtstr
    Originally posted by UsanaAssociate:

Hi all, I have been reading the Kiyosaki books on investing, and he seems a strong advocate of building a business before jumping into investing, especially network marketing as a vehicle for building a strong business with cashflow.

Receently I have joined a network marketing company called

Edited

….advertising not permitted…

My Understanding of the brief mention of networking marketing in “Rich Dad Poor Dad” was that he was saying it was good for increasing your people skills / sales skills. I dont recall him talking about it being a strong business.
    I read the book on Wednesday.. It was a great yarn..no more purchases of depreciating toys (motorbikes, computers, etc, etc) for me!

Profile photo of DannyboyDannyboy
    Participant
    @dannyboy

Hi Voigtstr.
    If you read some of Kiyosaki’s other material like Cashflow Quadrant, he gives Network Marketing a VERY big wrap!

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.