All Topics / Help Needed! / No rent for 8 weeks suggestions pls

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Hi all

I have bought seaside property (up from sunshine coast good location 1 street away from beach) and settled at the end of April,[biggrin] both hubby and I worked like crazy painting, new lino, cupboard doors, conertina doors (to conceal laundry) etc.

In fact sent hubby up by plane to fin off reno and have carpets cleaned etc.

Just after the reno (and before I took out any insurance – all other properties have insurance) hubby had a serious motorbike accident and is still in hospital(8 weeks now)so obviously all the time and attention is with him.

I have the property with a local RE agency and they have still not got a tenant.

I have dropped rent, offered 1 weeks free rent.

Agent said the time of year is bad and they have alot of properties on their books.

Has anyone got any further suggestions as hubby keeps asking about the property and I said it is fine (not wanting to worry him while he is still to sick to).

Many thanks

Jenny1

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Hi Jenny
    Doesn’t sound like a very active agent.
    Check the ads for yours, and check that the agent is advertising at all. Ask them to fax or email the counter rental sheet daily ? Ring up like a stranger and ask what’s available to rent like your place . Place a for lease sign on the front lawn. If the agent is too slow, cut them loose, list it with another agent as well. 8 weeks is too long anywhere. What’s wrong with the place ?Anything ? What does it lack ? R/C aircond ? Net access ? Garage, carport ? Security ? Is the rent level appropriate ? Is it finished and habitable ?
    If it lacks nothing and the rent is appropriate, something is wrong with the agent.Good luck.
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b
    Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

I’d definetely be ringing other agents in the area and speaking to them..what are the vacancy rates like for the area etc?

What else is for rent in the area and how does it compare with your property?

is your IP considered expensive or above the average for the area..what kind of tenant pool are you looking at for your IP?

I’d also recommend a sign out the front as above..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of oshenoshen
    @oshen

Hi Jenny

I live on the Sunny Coast and that sounds very unusual to me. Check the cost of similar rentals and if it’s in line, definitely get another agent, or if you have the time and energy, put an ad in the local paper yourself.

PM me if I can be of any help. Hope your hubby is feeling better soon.

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Thank you all for your replies.

I check the net reguarly to compare prices of rents being offered, mine is still mid line although I dropped the rent $20.

I will talk to other agents as I think this particular agency is too big to give my property attention. And then I will flick the Agency

I should of thought about the sign but being different state with alot going on makes things harder to manage.

Thank you Oshen for your kind words.

Jenny1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.