All Topics / Heads Up! / Property Profits Power Workshop (PPPW)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of jajajaja
    @jaja

Anybody attended Property Profits Power Workshop yesterday? Was it focused to much on basic stuff?

JAJA[blink]

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi JaJa,

I’m not sure if your were at yesterday’s seminar or not…

In any event, I’ve ready through approx a third of the feedback forms and there were a few comments where people mentioned that the content was straightforward.

On the other hand though, others mentioned that the ‘nuts and bolts’ detail that was presented about the system Dave and I used to buy real estate was the missing link of information that had not previously been explained in my books or seminars.

For my experience, the steps that appear simple or basic are often those investors ignore or forget which can undermine their profits.

I believe that the key to controlling and managing (from the investment rather than the property perspective) a multiple property portfolio involves a system that:

1. Removes emotion from the investing decision as emotion can cause investors to act irrationally.

2. Allows time-leverage. In short, time is an investors most important asset so in order to maximise it, investors need to delegate. The only way this can be done is via a system where the result is guided by internal controls derived from a knowledge of the process.

3. Uses templates to ensure accuracy, completeness and time management.

4. Allows an investor to focus on the small number of potential leads that do fall within a pre-defined search criteria, rather than the large number of leads that might be appropriate.

etc etc

So, all in all, the idea for the seminar was to share the nitty gritty detail of the system we use behind the way we find, qualify and buy property. In fact the beauty of that system is in its ease of application as, as someone wise once said, anything doable needs to be easily understandable.

While there are certainly risks to be mitigated, at a conceptual level there isn’t anything too difficult about the way we invest; we buy cheap houses that make money.

The system that supports this process therefore needs to:

1. Find appropriate potential houses
    2. Qualify those potential houses so that we focus on quality houses that are most likely to deliver the investing outcome we desire
    3. Control the buying process given that we often have multiple offers (20+) in progress

I hope this has helped provide more information about the seminar, it’s objectives and some of the content that was discussed.

Have a great day,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hi jaja,
    I attended the PPPW seminar yesterday. It was truly a ‘hands on’ seminar in every sense of the word. What I took away from the day was how investors, or those looking at investing can become better armed with simple, but often overlooked steps when buying, from not only the buyer’s needs, but also from the needs of the vendor. Steve gave a great example by simply demonstrating what to ask (and more importantly, why) when making that first phone call after viewing an advertised property. Steve ‘literally’ demonstrated why one shouldn’t be put off, even when the agent doesn’t answer the phone! Other main themes that were explained covered why crunching the numbers is so paramount, why people can’t ‘seem’ to find deals and why. What I personally found interesting was looking at successful property negotiating not just from the vendor’s point of view, but even more astonishingly from the banks, when understanding why approved finance is not always what it appears to be?
    Cheers,
    Gatsby!

“Sometimes the hardest thing to do in life is often the best thing to do.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.