All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing OS or Interstate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of AlwayzLearninAlwayzLearnin
    Participant
    @alwayzlearnin

I have seen a lot of ppl talking about there investments Overseas like NZ or interstate nowhere near where they live.

How do these ppl inspect the potential property? Do they just buy without seeing it or do they take a holiday there and look then? Also how does the cost of traveling to these places impact on the Positivness (like that word :P) of the property?

Profile photo of JKMJKM
    @jkm

Hi Zyleth, I live in NSW but have property in SA. I first had the agent email me as many photos as he could before I did the deal. I went & saw the property just before settlement but everything else such as deposits, contracts etc was done by mail, email or fax. Fortunately I had family in SA so I did a combined holiday & inspection. The problem I have found is control. As I am a bit of a control freak, I am not handling the fact that I am leaving it up to the agents to carry out want I need done & have recently spat the dummy & put the property on the market. If you can do it & find good competent agents, good luck because there are great deals out there. With regards to “positiveness”, it doesn’t cost that much to travel anymore with cheap flights etc so it really doesn’t take that much away from the property cashflow.

Kim

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.