All Topics / General Property / Single mums success

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

An interesting read…an advertisement for RKs game but still motivational.

CASHFLOW® Board Game Provides Financial Freedom for Single Mumby Marianne Thorne

I met Robert Kiyosaki on many occasions during the late 80s to mid 90s; usually I was a participant at his seminars and/or an assistant to the running of the seminars. I know this man is walking his talk. I know the passion he uses to communicate to each and every one of us about taking responsibility for our own financial outcomes. And I finally started to receive the communication when I bought and played the CASHFLOW® board game in January 2002. My lag time seemed very long and tedious.
    The CASHFLOW® game brought his books to life. My subconscious mind finally got over itself and I started meeting people who willingly supported the growth of my financial wealth. Until I played the game I had not met anyone I wanted on my financial advisory team … apart from Robert himself, of course. But my budget did not reach that far. Within a month of unwrapping the game, I met a millionaire property adviser who willingly took me on as client. He went out on a limb because I was a sole parent relying on Centrelink for my income. His belief in my enthusiasm had my 18-month-old daughter and I out there every week looking for the ‘profit at purchase’ property. Profit at purchase being a concept I had learned from Robert.
    What could have been perceived as a limitation of only $79,000 pre-approved finance, turned out to be a blessing because I discovered some ex-government housing trust homes that when rented would be positively geared. My finance was conditional as I was on low income; I had to contribute $1000, I had to live in the property and could only have one property at a time. I had a few valuable learning experiences with offers rejected. I was becoming an expert on one style of house in an area of three suburbs and was learning how to gain rapport with Real Estate Agents. I bought my first property for $68,000 with a deposit of just $1,000 and a profit at purchase of $7,000. Arliya (my daughter, then 2 years old) and I left our secluded valley home in the hills and slid down the social ladder to our little nest egg on the ‘other side of town.’ We lost some ‘friends,’ and gained financial intelligence! I was willing to do whatever it took for as many years as it would take.
    Only one year later I was sitting in the Commonwealth Bank (who had changed their rules a month or so beforehand to include Centrelink recipients for investment finance) organising finance because I wanted to buy the neighbouring property. Condition: I had to move out and make both houses investment properties. It was a private sale, no deposit and a delayed settlement. The properties were valued in September at $120000 and $110000 respectively. Location, paint, tiles, pavers, carport and elbow grease doubled the value of the first house. Profit at purchase of second house was $15000.
    We, Arliya (nearing three and a half years old) and I, moved “up” to the beachside suburb of Grange. We have lifestyle and time (no renovating.) I now manage my properties (and another for a fee!) because my sales and people skills (thanks again to Robert’s seminars ie. Powerful Presentations and Joy of Selling) are bringing in top rent dollar for identical houses in the same area.
    I had the houses revalued in August 2004 at $135000 and $140000 respectively and organised a line of credit for $38000. That was because I had been investing in my financial education – now learning how to create wealth in the share market. I cashed in the line of credit in October for a third house $128,000, profit at purchase $8,000. All 3 houses have tenants paying $160-$180 per week. And I kept some money available for my Options Trading.
    I thank God that I live in Australia where I can personally take care of my daughters’ wellbeing as a paid parent and enhance my (and Arliya’s) financial competence at the same time. Before Arliya was born I was wasting so much time and energy with ‘self employment’ (read: self impoverishment).
    We played CASHFLOW for Kids®, Arliya 4 and a half and a 5 year old neighbour. They soon worked out they only wanted to buy cards with green dots (representing assets).
    Since purchasing CASHFLOW® 3 years ago, I have emerged from the depths of subconscious fear and stagnation and bought my first, second and third house. I have ‘entered’ the share market ‘game’ with some financial intelligence. And I have a team of people supporting my financial wellbeing; finance brokers teaching me the jargon, bank loan officer (who knows how to tweak till it works!), accountant who owns investment property and introduced me to other great investment teachers, bank valuer who values my properties with my goals in mind (bet you don’t believe that one!), conveyancer in a top legal firm who continues to give me a discount.
    AND I went from zero Net Worth to $450,000 in three years. I’m still working on increasing my monthly cash flow from my investments. It’s interesting how the CASHFLOW® game shows me the same thing!!!
    My 2005 goals are materialising with increased income from the Options Trading and my own website is developing at long last.
    I do believe I now have the courage to be wealthy.
    Thank you Robert for your words of wisdom spoken, recorded, written, implied and experienced (in participating in seminars and playing CASHFLOW®) since August 1987.

Yours positively
    Marianne Thorne
    Attitude Coach

“any thoughts”?- REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Good stuff Redwing, keep those motivational stories coming…

Profile photo of quy17187quy17187
    @quy17187

Thanks for the story. I’m a mum myself and have the game but have not seem to ‘find the time’ to play it yet. Your story might have just given me the push I need.

Thanks

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Here are some property investment tips i’ve come across of late- of course they’re always debatable..

Anyone else have any “SUCCESS STORIES”? Especially your own..have you done a good deal recently?

Because of depreciation entitlements on properties (including the purchase price, the construction price and the land value), units generally provide higher depreciation and can often provide a better return than houses.

Keep your residential investments local. If you don’t know the market, don’t put your money into it.

Revalue your properties every year, so that you can use your additional equity to negotiate a larger loan, which you can reinvest.

If you find the right property, buy it. Don’t be put off by the economic cycle. Even in the worst recession, there is always a suburb growing in value and producing good rent.

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Participant
    @redwing

Wednesday, 27 August 2003

One of the fastest and easiest ways to get rich quick, according to twenty-seven year old charted accountant, property investor and author, Steve McKnight is to know the tips and tricks of property investment.

Steve began his investing by purchasing one house for $40 000, and in 3 ½ years has invested in around 170 properties.

By now it’s safe to say that Steve is an expert in property investment, and during his interview with morning presenter Tim Cox, mentioned some of his tips and tricks on buying properties.

Steve told Tim it’s best to avoid buying glamorous houses, and slums.

Steve said the best kind of property to buy is the neat and tidy, 3-bedroom kind, close to shops, schools and transport, because there will always be a demand for these “average” sorts of places.

The time of the year you buy is also crucial to the success of your investment.

Although properties are going for exceptional amounts in Hobart at the moment, Steve told Tim, “now is a good time to get in, because interest rates are low.”
    Buying when interest rates are low ensures a cash flow,” which is also a positive thing.

Most people think that property investing is just for the rich and better off, but using the equity earned, and saved from your first buy, you could slowly but surely end up with a staggering 170 properties, just like Steve has. He also says that if you are looking to seriously begin investing in properties, that rental managers can be a smart choice.

Tim Cox suggested seven words of great advice for anyone looking to turn to property investment is “buy in gloom, and sell in boom!”

Steve McKnight’s book is called “From 0 to 130 Properties in 3.5 Years” and is an essential guide for anyone looking to begin property investing.

Participant
    @redwing

Wednesday, 27 August 2003

One of the fastest and easiest ways to get rich quick, according to twenty-seven year old charted accountant, property investor and author, Steve McKnight is to know the tips and tricks of property investment.

Steve began his investing by purchasing one house for $40 000, and in 3 ½ years has invested in around 170 properties.

By now it’s safe to say that Steve is an expert in property investment, and during his interview with morning presenter Tim Cox, mentioned some of his tips and tricks on buying properties.

Steve told Tim it’s best to avoid buying glamorous houses, and slums.

Steve said the best kind of property to buy is the neat and tidy, 3-bedroom kind, close to shops, schools and transport, because there will always be a demand for these “average” sorts of places.

The time of the year you buy is also crucial to the success of your investment.

Although properties are going for exceptional amounts in Hobart at the moment, Steve told Tim, “now is a good time to get in, because interest rates are low.”
    Buying when interest rates are low ensures a cash flow,” which is also a positive thing.

Most people think that property investing is just for the rich and better off, but using the equity earned, and saved from your first buy, you could slowly but surely end up with a staggering 170 properties, just like Steve has. He also says that if you are looking to seriously begin investing in properties, that rental managers can be a smart choice.

Tim Cox suggested seven words of great advice for anyone looking to turn to property investment is “buy in gloom, and sell in boom!”

Steve McKnight’s book is called “From 0 to 130 Properties in 3.5 Years” and is an essential guide for anyone looking to begin property investing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.