All Topics / General Property / Investing OffShore

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of jtaylor333jtaylor333
    @jtaylor333

I have had a skim through topics and posts but haven’t found much information on investing offshore. Other than New Zealand, are countries out there whose property markets are at a stage that would be ideal for heavy returns on investment?

[cowboy2][fez][buz2]

Dont hold back. Take a chance and go for it.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Jtaylor

i’ve been investing in the USA and can’t believe the opportunities available there. I was a buying in NZ but the markets moved up and i’ve been selling up to cash up for a buying assault on the Americans. Its a very different market to OZ and not one for the inexperienced. If you don’t want to use the services of others (i suppose i mean me actually) then make sure you do heaps of reseach but you will love what you discover.

I’m heading back there on Thursday for 8 weeks, this is the 3rd time in 5 months i’ve been to the states. But this time i’m taking the family and will holiday mainly but continue to learn and explore (and Buy of course).

If you want to buy you need a team on the ground there, you must have the team before you buy.

we ran some info nights last week in Oz pity you missed them (i’m now living in NZ), check out http://www.dymphnaboholt.com, Dymphna runs some great seminars on the States.

regards westan

We find cash positive deals showing 15-25% Returns in the USA email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of AdamWilliamsAdamWilliams
    Participant
    @adamwilliams

I accept I am slightly biased since I work in offshore investment property but Malaysia is looking good in recent days, the ringgit is to be de pegged and according to Govt rumours, that I am trying to get more on, foreign purchasers are shortly going to be able to get up to 60% financing, throw in the My Malaysia scheme for visa free entry for five years as a bouns, though it does take a little working on, and in my opinion there will be some good gains available out there. The thai islands have cooled somewhat but will come back and if you can find condominium title (I think it is called ‘Juristic Condominium’ then you can look to getting up to 50% financing from one or two of the Thai Banks, strong rental guarantees are still out there and there have not been any firesales (as far as I am aware) in Phuket even though the Tourist Industry has taken a dive but with direct flights from Hong Kong among others, to both Samui and Phuket there remains a little wiggle room for good returns. Bali has seen a spike in Tourist numbers but there still remains the issue of leasehold, Thailand has that too but the Thai company route is one option and the Juristic condo title is essentially freehold, hence the ability of thai banks to lend. Eastern Europe perhaps but know little about it, the Palawan islands offer good development possibilities but they are in the Philippines which puts a lot of people off from the start but you can pick up an island and develop it out fairly cheaply and it has beaches equal to Thailand with less sprawl. Just my twopennyworth and fairly standard but there you go

Adam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.