All Topics / Legal & Accounting / First Property Solicitor Help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of BrizzaBrizza
    Participant
    @brizza

Is it the usual method to put a $1000 deposit on a property then carry out building inspections etc. then sign the contract or is it to put $1000 down then sign the contract subject to building inspections being satisfactory? And if so, what is a reasonable time period to get that?

Because my solicitor is telling me that I should get the inspections done first (even though the vendor has no obligation to sell it to me as of yet), then sign the contract as this is the normal way.

Profile photo of tombolatombola
    @tombola

Maybe put down a deposit but stipulate it is refundable and state the sale was conditional on a satisfactory archicentre inspection.[cap]

Profile photo of alfamickalfamick
    Participant
    @alfamick

Brizza,

Depends a bit on what state you’re in. Usually in NSW you put down the deposit, then get inspections done (at some risk), then exchange contracts.

In QLD you pay the deposit with the contract, and the contract has a standard condition on inspections by a certain date.

Not too sure about other states – but the systems definitely vary.

Mick

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.