Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of McHenryMcHenry
    @mchenry

In todays market is it really still possible to achieve a 10% return on residential ?

I have been looking and always find a max of 6%

Should I sit back and wait on the sidelines until the market settles or are they still out there ?

Thanks

Henry

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

yes 10%+ are still there you have to look hard. 6%+ is very very easy to find.
    Good luck!

Cheers
    PropertyGuRu [sultan]
    Mortgage Consultant
    [email protected]
    MSN ID: amitash, Yahoo Id: bornguru

NZ loan pre approval from OZ in 48 hours

Profile photo of jenwrenjenwren
    @jenwren

Henry

Definitely out there – just need to do some good old research and negotiation. Unfortunately they don’t all fall into our laps, sometimes you have to make them happen ie renovations, building relationships with locals, agents, council etc.

Remember, not all +CF properties are advertised either, so if your contacts are good or in the right place at the right time, you’ve got a better chance of finding them.

Good luck!
    Jenny

Profile photo of Elysium-MElysium-M
    @elysium-m

It’s sometimes also about aggressive (but always courteous) negotiation. If you can’t get the property for a price that would give you the yield you need, then be prepared to walk away.

Cheers
    Elysium-M

DIY Residential Property Settlements in WA – the book coming soon! When I can get my act together…

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi henry

i’ve been saying for ages that its very difficult to find good properties that are showing 10% returns, however if your adventurous look Overseas, 10% returns are still found in New Zealand and the last property i bought overseas shows a 25% return (not NZ). Do some investigation you will be rewarded.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.