All Topics / Help Needed! / Property Management Contracts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Karl and RitaKarl and Rita
    @karl-and-rita

Hey,

Just a quick question.

We have signed a contract for an agency to manage our IP. It’s been on the market since 10th Dec and still no tenant despite the agent saying their rentals are going quick. If we feel they are not doing their job properly, can we advertise our property with other agents as well and let whoever rents it out first can manage it?

The PM is also the same agency who sold us the property (different agent though), and the selling agent gave us 2 months free management is we rent through them. (It has been hinted that the rental agents don’t approve of this selling agent doing this, but it got our business).

We think that because they’re not getting any fees from our property, they’re not pushing it strongly enough, letting others whaich they get money from?

What do you think?

BTW wwe are in QLD

Thanks for any advice.

Karl and Rita

The only thing that limits us…is a limiting belief.

Profile photo of NobleoneNobleone
    @nobleone

Different country… different scenario… I had one of my IP’s in New Zealand managed by the REA that I bought it from, signed an agreement, which said I had to give 3-months notice… Anyway long story short, after one too many stuff ups I contacted another local PM and told her about the 3-month clause and she said it was not enforcable and all I really needed to give was 1 week so that paperwork could be sorted out.

In your case there;s no paperwork and no monies owing so I’d say you can just walk in and cancel the agreement there and then and find another PM who can do the job

Cheers, Nobleone. [biggrin]

“Making mistakes is just another another tool for learning.”

Profile photo of Yasna SimonYasna Simon
    @yasna-simon

Hi Karl & Rita

I’m a PM in Qld and agree that if they are not doing the job properly I would advise am taking business to other agent and one who gets suitable application, vetted by you, will get the management. Nothing they can do about this.

Regards, Yasna

Yasna & Simon

Profile photo of blondie_becblondie_bec
    Participant
    @blondie_bec

Hi,

I am a PM in SA and the only thing I can advise is read your contract that you signed VERY carefully and all the fine print. Then if you are still stumped try the Consumer and Business Affairs web site in your state… http://www.ocba.qld.gov.au …. I think thats it and have a look under Residential Tennancies and there is an information booklet in there ststing the rights of tenants and landlords.
    AND if that doesn’t get you what you need check out the Residential Tenancies Act.

Good Luck,

Blondie

Profile photo of Karl and RitaKarl and Rita
    @karl-and-rita

Hi

Thanks guys you have been most helpful as we are only new at this and have only started to feel confident with what we are doing.

Cheers

Karl and Rita

The only thing that limits us…is a limiting belief.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.