All Topics / Heads Up! / Cameron Bird RE

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of simondemasimondema
    Participant
    @simondema

Hi everyone
    API always has advertismenets from Cameron Bird Real Estate on their back cover. Has anyone had any dealings with them? I had a look at their website, and they have properties for sale they describe as cashflow positive, although some of them are only returning 5.6%.
    Any info would be appreciated.
    Thank you

Simon

Profile photo of oscaroscar
    @oscar

Simon

They are really a marketing company more so now. Previously more accounting stuff.

I haven;t dealt with them personally, however, I know I can buy better property myself. It seems they play the ‘cashflow’ lines on overpriced property through depreciation and rental guarantees.

Oscar

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

I bought a property through them and they seemed pretty good.

The property turned out to be a fantastic buy (unit in Port Macquarie), but I’d say that owes more to the market than the marketer.

Like most of these guys, I imagine they work with a handful of developers and market the stock to a data base they’ve built-up over the years.

The document they put together is very complete (or the one I got on Port Macquaries was anyway). It included information about the area and what was happening, information on the developer and the builder’s track record, and financial projections. The thing must have been 80+ pages.

My one had no guarantee of rental returns, but it was a few years ago. Maybe they’re doing that now that the market is tougher? Depreciation was definitely a factor in the marketing.

You’d find in any decent sized development, companies like this would have a chunk of stock to sell. I’d say they rarely have the whole lot.

It may be worth getting the document off them and talking to some local agents about prices to cross check.

As I said, I found Cameron Bird fine to deal with. They’ve been around for a fair while, too. That’s often a good sign.

Tax Depreciation Schedules
    Australia wide service
    1300 660033
    [email protected]
    http://www.depreciator.com.au

Profile photo of simondemasimondema
    Participant
    @simondema

Thank you for the feedback.
    I guess though it does not replace one’s own research.
    I might get some info from them.
    Thanks
    Simon

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi Simon,

From the research I have done they offer +ve cashflow deals based on some rather large assumptions.

Also, the deals I’ve seen are not +ve cashflow in their own right… they are net of tax deductions.

Just go in with your eyes open. In particular, be mindful of the fees, the budgeted vacancy, the attainable rent, and the annual expenses.

One final thing… ask yourself, if this is such a great deal, how many of them would I need to own to achieve my investing objective.

Hope this helps.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.