All Topics / General Property / BUILDING HOUSES

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of natwayne28707natwayne28707
    @natwayne28707

Hi

Am currently building a house in Port Kennedy Perth. Recently sold the one we built in Canning Vale. Only problem is it still seems to take 12 months to get houses built in WA (6 months paperwork, 6 months construction if u are lucky).

For these 2 houses have used the large building companies which have the display centres.

I am wanting to know if anyone knows of a way to make this process quicker eg maybe useing a small building who builds one house at a time. Any input appreciated

Thanks

Wayne

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

6 months is very quick to construct – I would be very happy with that. some are taking up to 18 months from delivery of site to the builder. this was highligfhted in that recent Sunday Times article which commented people are paying a $50k premium in Meadow Springs just to buy houses that people have managed to get constructed.

some smaller builders are slower than bigger builders as they can’t compete for the goods and trades. If they are quicker than the larger companies they are usually a fair bit dearer as they are paying their trades above market rates. its not necessarily a bad thing… at the end of the day you may just want your house built, where as others may be happier for it to take longer when they have a fixed price building contract anyway.

Port Kennedy – excellent selection of locality, it is really racing ahead down there. I get the feeling this will be a very big year in real estate, the market seems buzzing already

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of natwayne28707natwayne28707
    @natwayne28707

If I was building a house purely to live in would probably pay more to get it built quickly. This current one is more for investment purposes. Keep costs down, live in for a few months paint and landscape then sell it and double up next time and build two at a time. At least while the house takes ages to build the property price in these beachside areas keeps escalating

Not enjoying renting in the meantime though but the delayed gratification is worth the wait.

Thanks

Wayne

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi there,
    I am currently looking at house and land packages, Pt Kennedy and Anchorage. Have been advised 12 months to build. Are you looking at holding or selling? Margins seem very slim to me…

I appreciate any info you can provide and I am interested to find out what profit you made with first H&L. Also, can you advise the size of block in Pt Kennedy, Builder and why your chose this builder? PM if possible would be appreciated.

Sorry, sooooo many questions, but I have found it difficult to obtain accurate info. Best to find out from people who have gone through the process.
    Regards, Marisa

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.