All Topics / Help Needed! / The steps to the dance

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of widemouthfrogwidemouthfrog
    @widemouthfrog

Hi guys,

I have done a lot of book reading over the last six months nad just stumbled on to Steve Mcknight and his two books in the last couple of weeks. In addition I have started to surround my self with people who are interested inproperty investmnet to try and educate myself.

On flicking through these forums I have sought the answer to my current set of questions.

I have found a property with two buildings on it that needs some work, but I think that if I buy it that it will be CF +.

However it would take some time to do the work to get it into a position that a tenant would live in it.

The figures are:
    Purchase price $100K. Both properties are relocated homes with some works undertaken since moving.

Building 1 (16squares) needs a front veranda/steps, an internal paint, some kitchen work, bathroom tiled, stormwater “done” and removal of the septic tank.

Rent could be $140/wk with bathroom and stormwater.

Property 2 (may be 5-6 Squares) requires ceiling repaired throughout (roof is new), some weatherboards replaced
    House. House is 4 room building and 1 room needs to be completly converted into kitchen/laundry/bathroom

Rent could be $100/wk

As I am new to this dance, I dont have anybody who knows the steps in practice. What I want to know is, I have the money (I think) to purchase but not to repair/ renovate.

In addition, repairs/ renovations and tenating is going to take more than a couple of days.

How do I get all this doneand get the CF coming through the door on day 1.

Is it possible to buy but let the bank finance cover Property 1 and land with building 2 “thrown in” and then borrow against building 2 to finance the deal.

What about lag time between works commencing and rent coming in. How could I fund that?

Also, how do I get a tradesman to go and look at a property that I am trying to purchase (ie hasnt he got better things to do than quote jobs that may never happen?)

I look forward to your replies.

Wide Mouth Frog 16_5_26.gif

Profile photo of haddo59haddo59
    @haddo59
    Originally posted by widemouthfrog:

Hi guys,

I have done a lot of book reading over the last six months nad just stumbled on to Steve Mcknight and his two books in the last couple of weeks. In addition I have started to surround my self with people who are interested inproperty investmnet to try and educate myself.

On flicking through these forums I have sought the answer to my current set of questions.

I have found a property with two buildings on it that needs some work, but I think that if I buy it that it will be CF +.

However it would take some time to do the work to get it into a position that a tenant would live in it.

The figures are:
    Purchase price $100K. Both properties are relocated homes with some works undertaken since moving.

Building 1 (16squares) needs a front veranda/steps, an internal paint, some kitchen work, bathroom tiled, stormwater “done” and removal of the septic tank.

Rent could be $140/wk with bathroom and stormwater.

Property 2 (may be 5-6 Squares) requires ceiling repaired throughout (roof is new), some weatherboards replaced
    House. House is 4 room building and 1 room needs to be completly converted into kitchen/laundry/bathroom

Rent could be $100/wk

As I am new to this dance, I dont have anybody who knows the steps in practice. What I want to know is, I have the money (I think) to purchase but not to repair/ renovate.

In addition, repairs/ renovations and tenating is going to take more than a couple of days.

How do I get all this doneand get the CF coming through the door on day 1.

Is it possible to buy but let the bank finance cover Property 1 and land with building 2 “thrown in” and then borrow against building 2 to finance the deal.

What about lag time between works commencing and rent coming in. How could I fund that?

Also, how do I get a tradesman to go and look at a property that I am trying to purchase (ie hasnt he got better things to do than quote jobs that may never happen?)

I look forward to your replies.

Wide Mouth Frog 16_5_26.gif

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.