Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of BalihaiBalihai
    Participant
    @balihai

I with my two friends plan to invest in positive cash flow returns properties. Can someone tell me what the advantages and the disadvantages in a partnership? Tx, guyz.

Profile photo of holdencommodoreholdencommodore
    @holdencommodore

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/14443.html

I just posted a reply on this link, it should help you.

Essentially partnerships have unlimited liabilities – i.e. – you would be liable for your mate’s actions if he went out and bought himself a new Ferrari in the partnership name. They’re VERY RISKY!

Corporations offer limited liablity and would be a much better alternative. Only thing is that companies are taxed at 30%, which may be higher than you would individually be taxed if you had a partnership structure. Personally, I’d be willing to pay that premium. Everyone can be bought/tempted for a price, and I wouldn’t want to be shafted and paying off my ‘friends’ debt for the rest of my life.

It’s ultimately up to you, I’m not saying your friend isnt trustworthy or honest, but I wouldnt want to find out the expensive way![tongue]

(“,) $$$ HoLdEnCoMmOdOrE $$$ (“,)

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

I think Partnership is key to any business is the world. if you feel you and your friends thinking in the same direction go for it.

Get right structure from the start. may be trust and company or just trust talk to some good accountant.
    Good luck!

Cheers
    PropertyGuRu [sultan]
    Mortgage Consultant
    [email protected]
    MSN ID: amitash, Yahoo Id: bornguru

NZ loan pre approval from OZ in 48 hours,Low Doc from 6.85%,Investment loan 95%+

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

I would also clearly define each partner’s role so there is less chance of disagreements.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

M: 0414 347 771
    E: [email protected]
    W: http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

FREE Finance-Related Newsletter: See – http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au/index_files/newsletter.htm

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.

© 2004 Mortgage Packaging Pty Ltd

Profile photo of Kiwi-FullaKiwi-Fulla
    @kiwi-fulla

Hey there,
    Depends on what you are trying to achieve….

What I normally do is set up a separate JV agreement for each transaction then you can negotiate all your terms and clearly define your role in each transaction. as you get better at what ever it is you do… (funding supply, negotiator, buyer and seller etc) you can clearly define your participation in each agreement, percentages for returns. this limits your risk and gives you more flexibity each transaction.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.