All Topics / Creative Investing / private sale or agent? worth $10,000????

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of femaleage20femaleage20
    @femaleage20

My husband and I are about to put our house on the market hopeing to get $235-$240,000. profit $80,000. I have had 2 agents to hear what they had to say and both came up with the same price. So the big question….do I pay them $10,000 in commision or attempt to do it ourselfs? Our town has a pop of about $30,000 and houses sell quite quickly so not worried about time it’ll take just wether or not we can do it as good as them!

Any suggestions on best way to sell a property privatly? any suggestions about selling on ebay?

Also would love an email from anybody attending Steve’s Property Investment Seminar in melbourne 19th March or any comments on the event if you’ve already been. Our tickets are booked and Payed for VERY EXCITED!

Profile photo of jcls79jcls79
    @jcls79

I have also just joined the forum and also attending to the Mid-March seminar next year. Hope to see you that and hear about the opportunities ahead. I’ve been doing a bit of research and seems to me that commercial properties have a higher chance of +ve cash flow than residential. I am unsure to go ahead with those or wait till after attending Steve’s seminar before I start (with the risk of doing something wrong?)[bonjour]

Want to join financial independence before 31 years old, currently 25

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by femaleage20:

So the big question….do I pay them $10,000 in commision or attempt to do it ourselfs? Our town has a pop of about $30,000 and houses sell quite quickly so not worried about time it’ll take just wether or not we can do it as good as them!

Just a personal though and no direct experience to back up my comments.

I wonder if the attractiveness of selling your home boils down to a desire to save $000s of dollars in REA fees transpires to be, more often than not, a series of headaches and frustrations. This situation resulting from an inability to get a market presence through limited advertising and marketing. An agent is then employed at a time when the property has the perception of being ‘stale’ and with ‘problems’ largely as a result of the length of time it has been on the market.

As I said no direct experience just some rambling thoughts.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Try also

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/14329.html

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.