All Topics / Finance / Finance Ideas

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Ambo72_2Ambo72_2
    Participant
    @ambo72_2

Hi everyone,

To those who may have read this in another forum I apologise, but I felt that this was a more appropriate forum and needed to put this here for more advice.

A long winded message but here goes. I have found two properties that I believe are diamonds in the rough, and will return a healthy reward if I can grab hold of them both. The problem is I can afford one property no problems at all but to purchase two is really starting to stretch the budget as far as cash supply goes, which is a bit worrying in todays economic climate. I worked out that I will need approximately $48 000 – $50 000 for deposits and closing costs to achieve my goal.

I am aware of some of Steves techniques such as wrapping and second mortgages but frankly they are a bit beyond me as I a am only new to the investing scene (practically speaking).

If I carry out some minor renovations (turn two bedrooms and two sleepouts into four bedrooms by moving one wall) on one property I am certain that it will increase the value of it and thought that maybe I could borrow against the equity.

Although the contracts haven’t been finalised yet I have negotiated early access to both properties on 60 day settlements so I can carry out some renovations.

I feel I am really onto a good thing with these properties, so if anyone can suggest some options or explain some of steves ideas in some basic terms I would really appreciate it?

Thanks,

Ian

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex
    I am aware of some of Steves techniques such as wrapping and second mortgages but frankly they are a bit beyond me as I a am only new to the investing scene (practically speaking).

explain some of steves ideas in some basic terms

Second Mortgage: Normally the bank will lend you 80% of the price of property and put a mortgage over title.
    You can still borrow any portion of the remaining 20% needed to buy the house from another lender (if the bank allows it). This second lender may also put a mortgage over property HENCE a “second mortgage”.

Second mortgages usually have VERY HIGH interest rates.

WRAP is when you buy a house (you make your loan repayments to bank) and then sell it to a wrap client with a contract (they make repayments to you).

You don’t really own the house in a wrap, but you make a tidy profit while the client makes payments to you, PLUS you get a deposit from client at the start of the contract that you can use to buy your next property.
    [blink]

Does that help?

Live, Learn and Grow

Lifexperience

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.