All Topics / General Property / Due Diligence

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of grae1grae1
    @grae1

Hi there,
    I would like to thank Steve for his resource, “Buyer Beware” and thoroughly recommend it as one of the most useful tools I have.

I am in the process of purchasing a C/F property in NZ. 3 Br brick house =1 br flat. Total rent pw + $285 and purchase price $135,000 – Yes there are still places where 11 second solution still works.

Although I am familiar with area, I asked valuer to advise whether building inspection was necessary. House was good but flat was below standard and had been added on to existing double gge without a building permit. (something you need to watch out for in NZ)
    As I had made offer subject to satisfactory building inspection, I forwarded this to agent who consulted the vendors.
    They were shocked as they had bought property 3 years ago without doing due diligence and had no idea flat was not permitted.
    The result is they have had a council inspector out, have a list of remedial items to fix at vendors expence, and purchase will go ahead with flat approved for rental by local council.

Thanks again Steve and crew for your advice.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.