All Topics / Help Needed! / +ve v -ve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of CousinwoolyCousinwooly
    Participant
    @cousinwooly

it seems as i read past post that everyone is over the rural properties and positive cashflow

is it posible that what steve states in his book is grossly out of date allready

Profile photo of kiwiduvetkiwiduvet
    @kiwiduvet

I think that in todays climate more than ever you need to find the properties that are going to provide +ve cashflow, otherwise with higher interest rates your cash would provide higher yields in the banks or with a fund manager

hey nah

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin
    Originally posted by Cousinwooly:
    Is it posible that what steve states in his book is grossly out of date allready

Hi Cousinwooly

One of the main lessons I’ve learnt in my journey to date is the wisdom in Steve’s byline: “Success comes from doing things differently.” REALLY chew on that one.

OF COURSE the market moves, twists, flexes and turns. The trick is to find those TIMELESS principles and strategies, never let “analysis paralysis” consume you, and just “do it”.

Cheers
    Greg

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

cousinwooly, use the search function and spend some time reading through the posts… you’ll find answers to your questions in no time. What Steve wrote in his first book is out of date in that you can’t drive to a regional centre and pick up a 40k house and rent it for 120pw, but the principles of establishing fundamentals to find decent places to invest don’t ever change. Don’t rush it.

cheers
    r

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

just to ask whether to invest in +ve or -ve cashflow properties is to miss the point. The issue seems to me to be to answer the question what are you trying to achieve by investment.

In my case I want to invest so that I can achieve a certain taxable income by a specific time.

Then look at what you’re comfortable with as an investor. Do you want or have the time and other resources to do things that might increase the value of the property or its income eg development, rezoning, renovation or do you want to buy a place where there are minimal worries or lesser risks.

I’ve taken a choice with one investment to buy something that was a problem to the vendor. Since I did that I’ve increased the return substantially, but it’s because of doing additional things. I’m considering another investment which would need to be managed by me from a distance. Gross yield 11%. But there are risks. Is the return sufficient to compensate me for these risks? or can I add value somehow? Can I minimise any of the risks?

My answers are not necessarily going to be yours. My answers today for myself might be different one or two years down the track if I look at a similar investment then

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.