All Topics / Help Needed! / Looking for a Mentor – Info on G.C. property

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of ascendingascending
    Participant
    @ascending

Hey Guys,

I am brand new to this site – having recently purchased (and read) Steve’s first book. I have been interested in money and investing for about 6 months now; and have attended various seminars and read many books.
    I am 30 years old, and had one of those cliche defining moments where I woke up one morning and realised that I had basically wasted my life so far financially. I am extremely eager to start investing, hence all the education, however I probably will not have deposit money until mid to late next year.
    Enough about me, why am I writing this post? Two reasons, the first is to ask for help, specifically a mentor. I live on the Gold Coast and would love to be able to learn from someone based locally – so if there is anyone out there who wants to pass on some knowledge on a more hands-on basis, please contact me. I understand that such an arrangement would have to be win-win, and I have many many ideas on how to contribute such that both parties profit.
    Secondly, being a Gold Coast investor (who doesn’t have any money yet!) I come across many great opportunities, but unfortunately can’t capitalise on them. If anyone out there wants information or even particular properties checked and analysed, please contact me as we may be able to work something out.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

ascending

Don’t want to put a dampner on your enthusiasm but please first make yourself aware of the legislative requirements in Qld if you intend to act as a Buyers Agents.

Cheers Richard
    richard at fhog.com.au
    http://www.fhog.com.au

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of ascendingascending
    Participant
    @ascending

Thanks for the advice; I was thinking not so much a buyer’s agent as someone who collects data. Takes video footage of the property, supplies local knowledge etc. Not so much a consultant, more of a gopher – could it still get me into trouble?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I think a telephone call to the OFT In Qld would give you the advice you need.

Cheers Richard
    richard at fhog.com.au
    http://www.fhog.com.au

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Tough DealTough Deal
    @tough-deal

The Gold Coast market has lost a great deal of its steam over the past quarter. It’s a very volatile market, especially its unit market which has about 45 months supply at the moment.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.