All Topics / Help Needed! / creative financing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of landt64landt64
    Participant
    @landt64

Hi,
    maybe this should be on another forum but here goes.
    There’s a property in our street for sale and the owners desperately need to sell because they’ve moved into a nursing home and need the money. The price has already dropped dramatically to $495 from $625. We’d love to buy it but can’t see any way that we could afford the repayments, or that any lender would give us the money. I figured if there was any way that it could possibly be done, you would be the people to ask.
    I know it wouldn’t be a positive cash flow property, but it would certainly be a good investment. In a good market it would easily have reached $650-700.
    I hope that someone out there has some crazy idea that may help.
    Thanks
    Landt.[blink]

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi landt

some ideas off the top of my head

borrow money from you parents and offer them a percent of the profit ?

ask the seller if they will keep 20% of the price in the deal , so that you only need to borrow 80% from the bank and have a 1 year loan with them for 20%.

regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of Brisbane 04Brisbane 04
    Participant
    @brisbane-04

Hi Westan,
    Just regarding your comment about the seller keeping 20% in the deal how would you broach this. If a deal like this is accepted, how would you structure it. You would need a solicitor to write it up surely.[biggrin]

Martin

Profile photo of landt64landt64
    Participant
    @landt64

Hi Westan,
    unfortunately only my mum is still alive and she doesn’t have the money to lend me for any investment. I don’t think I could ask the seller either as they need the money for the bond in a nursing home.
    Landt

Profile photo of YY
    @y

If you post some financial’s..

maybe the Mortgage Broker here couldhelp?

Participant
    @landt64

Hi Y,
    IP worth around $320 in a good market
    Owe $246 on the IP
    Earn $90,000 between us (I earn $60,000 my husband around $20,000), including the income from the IP
    Have 2 dependants.
    Thanks
    Landt.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Will you live in the new place or rent it out?

What rent would it achieve?

You are only really sitting at the minimum amount of equity required here.

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Todays Hot Rate
    ***3 year fixed – 6.49%***

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Participant
    @landt64

Hi Morgage Hunter,
    we would do a bit of work on it and then rent it out. We could hope to achieve between $350-$400 per week.
    Thanks
    Landt.

Profile photo of PiperPiper
    @piper

where is the property?
    piper

Participant
    @landt64

Mlebourne.
    Landt

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage

Hi Landt,
    Do you have any funds to contribute apart from the equity in your IP?
    If you intend to contribute the equity in the IP alone, you will require finance at a higher LVR 95%/100%, If this is the case I estimate (based on your figures) that you may need to include the proposed rental income in order to service/qualify for the required finance.

Regards
    Steven
    Mortgage Broker

[email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au
    Ph:0402483216
    Ph:1800 820 500
    VICTORIA

PLEASE note comments made should not be taken as specific taxation, financial, legal or investment advice.

Participant
    @landt64

Hi,
    thank you all for replies, but I think we’ve come to the conclusion that even though we think it’s a great buy, we can’t afford it. If anyone would like to know where it is, just let me know.
    Landt

Profile photo of RenniebrosRenniebros
    @renniebros

pay them $550,000 and get them to carry back a second mortgage over a few years. You still get the property at a discount, with no money down and they get a higher price for the house

stuart

Participant
    @landt64

Hi Stuart,
    I’m interested in your comment but I’m not sure how I get them to carry a second morgage.Can you please explain this to me.
    Thanks
    Landt

Profile photo of mjozmjoz
    @mjoz

Hi Landt,

Essentially a second mortgage means the vendor provides you with vendor finance for a portion of the sale price, and take security against the property via a mortgage. Should you default on repayments, the primary mortgager (your bank) has first dibs on getting their money back from any proceeds, and once they have their money the second mortgager can take their share (if there’s any left). I think that most (all?) banks would also need to approve the presence of a second mortgage.

You end up making two mortgage payments though – so make sure you still end up positive cashflow. If the property is so far below fair value, perhaps you could look at some sort of joint purchase with someone with the aim of doing some minor cosmetic work before settlement and looking to on-sell.

Cheers,
    Michael

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.