All Topics / General Property / Finding a Bird dog

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Crazy PelicanCrazy Pelican
    Participant
    @crazy-pelican

If your looking for your first deal, know nobdy who’s done it before or in the trade, how do you go about finding a bird dog? I’d appreciate recomendations from people with positive (and warnings from those with negative) experiences.
    Many thanks[blink]

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Crazy

i wrote a post the other day a warning about some people who are working NZ at the moment (do a search). I live in NZ and it worries me that people are “bird dogging” a market they know nothing about. I was talking to an agent yesterday and he told me he saw yet another australian hoping to buy properties on behalf of “their” clients. These people know little about NZ- getting a good deal is more than just buying a 10% return, so buy through someone who is already an investor, someone who knows the market, someone you can trust.

If you decide to buy in NZ then speak to
    Minimogul, castledreamer, wilandel – all of these people know NZ well and own properties there, i know each of them personaly, plus they find good deal.

all the best
    regards westan

I live in New Zealand and for a fee find cash positive deals there, email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

I second Westan’s caution about finding a property spotter for you. Any spotter should be able to happily provide you with examples of prior deals. References from previous and current clients if needed, impartial contracts that allow you to fully investigate the contract and property to your satisfaction, independent access to solicitors, property inspectors, valuers etc etc. As a spotter we should sit completely out of the decision making process for you while you investigate the property. We will be available to assist and guide you if you have queries, but we should not make decisions for you because that is potentially impartial and not in your best interests.
    Ideally spotters will demonstrate time in the market they are finding property in, they will own property in those areas and be able to provide information in support of their choices to market property from those areas. The information and knowledge shared by a spotter should not be mixed up with legal or financial advice. That’s not what we do, but we may be able to point you in the direction of some professionals to get you started.
    Spotters need to have integrity right down the line with every person they are dealing with in the chain from vendor to purchaser and all others in between.

There have been some stories floating around about spotters doing the wrong thing by clients and vendors alike. When choosing a spotter, make sure you ask heaps of questions and satisfy yourself as to their integrity and ability.

As Westan says, 10% deals are not automatically good deals on the figures alone!!!

Cheers
    CD

CastleDreamer
    “+CF properties in NZ available now, email CastleDreamer or Minimogul”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.