All Topics / General Property / Quantity Surveying

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of greenjoygreenjoy
    @greenjoy

HI, I”m wondering if anyone out there can help us…we just bought some properties and are wondering if we should get a quantity surveyor in now to do the depreciation schedule or wait until just before the end of financial year till we do it so we can leave our money in our home loan till then. What do you think? DOes it make any difference if we hold off? Does anyone out there have an idea?! Thank you very much!![blush2]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

No reason why you cannot hold off.

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Todays Hot Rate
    3 year fixed – 6.57%

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

Hi Greenjoy,

If you don’t need the schedules for your 04 tax, you might as well wait.

(And bear in mind I’ve got a vested interest in encouraging people to do them ASAP.)

What you might consider is getting them done when the properties are between tenants – it makes it much easier for everyone.

If you’ve got any questions about prices, timing’ tax rules pertaining to depreciation etc, please call.

Scott – Depreciator 1300 660033

Profile photo of greenjoygreenjoy
    @greenjoy

Thank you very much for your replies!!!! We’ll be holding off![biggrin]

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Greenjoy,

Not sure of your exact situation but you certainly can wait until later on in the year.

Be aware that QS do get busy towards the end of the financial year and you may get caught in the rush and incur small delays.

The second point is that the depreciation report can be used to complete a more ‘aggressive’ PAYG variation (if appropriate) and this could result in an increased cashflow which could then be harnessed to help pay your home loan down faster.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of DomoDomo
    @domo

greenjoy
    I highly recommend the Depreciator.
    I recently had a depreciation schedule prepared & everyone was great to deal with .
    Scott was especially helpful & answered any questions I had very quickly.

What was important for me was that the whole process was painless which let me concentrate my efforts on looking for a PM & deciding which insurance company I would use.

Thanks again Scott [thumbsupanim]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.