All Topics / Legal & Accounting / CGT & ROLL-OVER RELIEF

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of wilsonkaywilsonkay
    @wilsonkay

Here is a question for all of the accountants out there.

Is there any roll-over relief available for Capital Gains Tax on Investment Property?
    I am looking to make a considerable gain, and would like to know if I could invest the money in some other way to get out of paying all of the CGT.

I have had a good look on the ATO’s web site. There seems to be roll-over relief for everything else (shares, businesses etc) however doesn’t seem to be for investment property.

You’re help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards & Thanks,

Tim Wilson.

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

That’s because there isn’t one!!! [glum2]

Sorry, but if I could’ve got out of it as simply as that, trust me, I would have!!! Like all investors, you will just have to [grin] and bear it, as painful as it is; of course make sure you do everything you can to try and reduce the amount of CGT, but ultimately, big or small….you will have to cough up!!!

Jo

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

paying tax is a horrible reality, but it’s better than carrying forward losses!

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of wilsonkaywilsonkay
    @wilsonkay

Hi Guys & Gals,

Thanks for your replies. I don’t mind paying tax because it means I am making money, however obviously I do like to minimise this wherever possible. :-)

oh well…so be it!

Regards,

Tim Wilson.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.