All Topics / Heads Up! / Free Seminar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Matt KennyMatt Kenny
    @matt-kenny

Has anyone heard of or been to a seminar by Garth Rothwell.

He is conducting a free property investing seminar in Hobart this week. Since all I’m giving up is my time I thought I’d go along for a look.

Anyone got any info?

Matt

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Matt,

I can’t find anything about him on google… which means he doesn’t exist :))

Have you got a link advertising the seminar? Who’s he working for? Is the seminar a “taster” for an upcoming expensive seminar?

kay hnry

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

All I found is this link:

http://www.thehomeloanclub.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=2388

Garth Rothwell is THLC’s Licensed Financial Planning and Investment Advisor. In less than 2 hours, Garth will reveal his secrets and proven strategies to show you how to Pay Off a Mortgage in the shortest possible time and pay the least amount of interest. You will learn everything you need to know about debt reduction and proven investment strategies and you will see real life examples that prove you can beat the bank. You just have to know the rules. You could become one of the many people Garth has helped along the road to financial security through mortgage reduction and property investment over the last 17 years. Read about Garth… go to your THLC website and click on ‘About Us’ in the main Menu Bar.

What you will learn at Garths Wealth Creation Session…

How to eliminate your mortgage in the shortest possible time and create a million dollar plus property portfolio fully paid for

How to turn your mortgage into an asset

How to use the banks own system to your advantage

How to reduce your tax by 50% or more

How to invest using equity instead of cash

Celivia

@kay-henry

Good spotting Cel- how did you find it?

There’s an event in sydney in Kogarah too, if anyone’s interested- all you have to do is invest $100 a week, and the aim is to end up with a $million property in 8-12 years… the mathematicians / numbers people might let me know if this appears workable or not?

kay henry

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Kay,

THLC has a long track record – I notice their September 2004 Newsletter is Issue no 1.

Looking at the spiel on the website it would appear that the aim is to buy one high growth property so that it accumulates in value to $1m in 10-12 years time – not hard really. But $1m in 10-12 years time will have the purchasing power of ????

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

@kay-henry

Derek,

Thanks :) It seems like they’re selling a range of products too- cars, and telecom products to boot!

Re your comments Derek about buying 1 growth property and it reaching $1 million in a decade… well, I am not so sure… depends on how much it costs in the first place… or the property could also go down in value, although they have covered themselves by making sure the cycle is a few years either way.

If, for example, the sydney market “corrects” to 20% less than it is qworth now, then that’s 20% cut off our net wealth, which is something people NEVER talk about- we only focus on how much CG we have- not capital loss.

As for me, I like the idea of doing things slowly. $100 weekly is not a large amount… but I wonder what they’d invest that into? ING? Or something more speculative/risky? Their own developments perhaps, so investors into their club become mezzanine financers? [cigar] I guess the other concern would be if the company goes broke before a decade is up.

I might check it out anyway :))

kay henry

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

I have the impression that it’s some kind of pyramid thingie. You’ve got to drum up friends who like to save money and introduce them, or something. And you get commission.

Matt, I hope you’ll let us know how interesting the seminar was, once you’ve been.

Hehe once you’ve participated in a pyramid scheme you will probably NEVER (I hope I don’t get moderated for shouting in caps here hehe) be able to try again as all of your friends will run when they see your face [fear].

Ps I found this site by using “Nine msn search”, I think.

Celivia

@kay-henry
    Originally posted by Celivia:

Hehe once you’ve participated in a pyramid scheme you will probably NEVER (I hope I don’t get moderated for shouting in caps here hehe)
    Celivia

hehe, smarty… there’s a difference in emphasising a word in caps and YELLING AT PEOPLE BECAUSE YOU DON’T LIKE WHAT THEY SAY, as you know [goatee]

kay henry

Profile photo of Matt KennyMatt Kenny
    @matt-kenny

Hi All,

Went to hear Garth speak last night. Seems he and his partner who have been involved in realestate and investing for nearly 30 years, are expanding the business here to Tassie.

Without being too cynical I felt we were being spruiked to in order to drum up future business rather than giving us useful information we could use to help us on our own journey.

His spiel was basically this.

Buy a potential high growth property no more than 6 km from a capital city, using $100,000 in equity in PPOR (if you have it of course)

Rent this high demand generally medium to low density property to Dinks, Sinks and Trinks.

Hold for 10 years whereby its capital growth quoted as being 7.25% would have you owning a larger sum of equity in this new property while using the tax breaks to increase the paying down of PPOR mortgage. After the ten years repeat again.

Interestingly Garth did not want to “push Queensland down anyone’s throat but all the examples he gave were Queensland ones.

I felt the seminar was glaring not for what information it provided but what it left out.

No mention of how much disposable income was needed, no mention of costs they charge to find or manage properties.

Far more information to be had reading and posting here.

Thanks

Matt

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.