All Topics / Help Needed! / Advice Needed, including NZ

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Scotty BScotty B
    @scotty-b

Hi All

First I’d just like to say hello to everyone, as I’m new to the forum. I hope to gain some valuable information and contacts/friends whilst also giving back to people as and when I can.

My background is that of a beginner investor, as of the middle of Sept I’ll be renting out 4 properties (2 in Como, 1 in South Perth and 1 in Midland) whilst living in company paid for accommodation in Karratha. My portfolio is cash flow neutral, which isn’t fantastic but at least I’m not losing money. I think like every beginner I’ve made loads of mistakes and although my deals have proved to be good ones I feel like my hair is a lot greyer than it should be[worried]

I’m beginning to research for my next purchase that I think will be 6 – 12 months away depending on certain factors (too many to go into now).

I am considering NZ and would like to establish connections with people who have invested in NZ and Bird Dogs in NZ; any recommended text would also be nice. I think it will take me about 6 months to feel comfortable with the idea and to understand the implications of investing in NZ.

Like everyone my intent is to find a + or neutral cash flow and I’m concerned that this wont be possible in WA without going bush which I’m not willing to do.

Whilst in Karratha I’m also considering studying for the REWIA Real Estate Sales Agent course to get a better understanding of the behind the scenes workings and broaden my horizons.

Anyway, all comments welcome [whistle]

Cheers

Scott

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by Scotty B:

My background is that of a beginner investor, as of the middle of Sept I’ll be renting out 4 properties (2 in Como, 1 in South Perth and 1 in Midland) whilst living in company paid for accommodation in Karratha. My portfolio is cash flow neutral, which isn’t fantastic but at least I’m not losing money.

Hi Scotty,

Welcome to the forum. I think you are being a little harsh on yourself calling yourself a ‘beginner investor’.

Sure your portfolio may be ‘only’ neutral but I believe you also need to consider the other side of the investment equation, that is their growth in value.

The South Perth and Como properties are in prime localities and are ‘almost guaranteed’ to continue to experience high growth levels in the short and long term.

South Perth averages 11.8%/annum and Como 11.1%/annum over the last 30 years – they are blue chips in terms of growth. By the way Midland’s growth rate comes in at a louse 8.2%/annum over the last 30 years.

Rather than gnashing your teeth I believe you should be patting yourself on the back.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.