All Topics / General Property / Lawyers Aren’t all THAT Bad!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of HotRodHotRod
    @hotrod

Hi de ho

Was in the process of purchasing two properties and the deal went south because of bad BIR’s and pest reports and clauses in the contract allowed it to be terminated.[ohno]

The Vendor got real shirty because he has done something with his super and the sale of the proerties and is up for up to $50-100K in taxes if the sale does not go ahead (contract signed just before EOFY) and started demanding that I purchase.[ohno2]

Got my trusty commercial lawyer involved and looks as though I’ll be walking away with $5-10K nett [lmao] in my pocket and not end up owning either of them.

Gotta love people in a squeeze doing amazing things to ensure deals go through![cigar]

Later…….

If you think you can you can, if you think you can’t you can’t.

Profile photo of tom1000000tom1000000
    Participant
    @tom1000000

Hi,

Does BIR = Built In Robes or something else?

Also it would be only common sense to ensure the contract had escape clauses for you to cancel the deal. If not you would have been in deep sh@#$t.

How did you end up with $10,000 after NOT buying the property? I could understand if you bought at a cheaper price and saved $10,000. But you didn’t buy the property – so how did you get money for that!??!?!?

Or did you buy and sell immediately?

Profile photo of HotRodHotRod
    @hotrod

BIR = Building Inspection Report

The property is being onsold immediately at a profit with the Vendor paying all commissions, SD and taxes.

Later………..

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

So you DID buy the property, Rod? You flipped it, right? The didgy ones with the bad BPI’s? Yeah, amazing what people will do…

kay henry

Profile photo of tom1000000tom1000000
    Participant
    @tom1000000

Congratulations on your good luck!

When did you find out the vendor had to sell at all costs? It would have put a big smile on your face.

Profile photo of HotRodHotRod
    @hotrod

It will end up being a flip, a first for me.

Found out the Vendor was in a tight posi when the agent rung me up (I get on quite well with the guy) saying his Vendor is going nuts and was chewing him “another one”. First time in 20 years he’s had anything this bizarre happen to him as a REA.

Agent basicly was washing his hands of his Vendor as he thought contract had come to an end with the conditions in it.

He turns around with the two new contracts and says no commission and he’ll go back for another 5K on both offers. How sweet it is!

Discussed this with my accountant and even he was scrating is head as to how I walk away with a nice sum in my pocket WITHOUT owning either proerty in the end?

Later………

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.