All Topics / Help Needed! / Order of Buying an investment property

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of mslodyczkamslodyczka
    @mslodyczka

Hi,
    What steps do you take when buying a property? Am I on the right track?

-make an offer
    -if it is accepted get a builders report
    -If everything seems ok get your finance
    -sign the contract
    -own the home

How would I go about signing the contact if I live in Australia and I want to buy in NZ? If the house needs painting can I get the PM or organise it all?

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I would probably make finance enquiries at the very start so you know what ballpark your price can be in.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

NODOC Loan – 65% Loan – No questions asked!

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Brisbane 04Brisbane 04
    Participant
    @brisbane-04

Hi,
    Steps I would take: 1. Research area thoroughly you want to invest in.
    2. Organise finance ie find out how much you are able to borrow.
    3. Do more research speak to agents, discuss in forums like this, organise appointments with agents, have some inspections organised for properties you have found, have an idea of who to approach as a solicitor.
    4. Physically go there and look at the area and properties, talk to the locals.
    5. Find the right property, offer a bit lower than what it is worth ie. you can always go up but not back.
    6. Have offer subject to building inspection, pest inspection and finance approval.
    7. Speak to some of the property managers in the area.
    This is what I would do not necessarily what everyone does. Martin

Martin

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo
    Originally posted by mslodyczka:
    How would I go about signing the contact if I live in Australia and I want to buy in NZ? If the house needs painting can I get the PM or organise it all?

I can explain this but I sugest contacting Westan or Mini – they can explain it a great deal better.

kind Regards,
    geo.

I’ve found a way to help you save and earn whilst not selling or delivering any product. If interested, drop me an email or PM me to find out how

Profile photo of mslodyczkamslodyczka
    @mslodyczka

Thanks for the replies so far. I cant actually go the the properties physically as I live in Aus, and ill be investing in NZ

Keep them coming…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.