All Topics / Help Needed! / Calling all brokers for advise please?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

I’ve been working in disability in almost every aspect of it now for 14 years (here and abroad). I’m at the point now where I need out (before burnout, FOR A SECOND TIME). Despite the politics and government lack of funding, I only have 21 months and then I can claim long service (delayed due to a break from working O/S). At half pay on long service, I could survive for 6 months while looking/working in another job. Currently, despite being in a ‘comfort zone’ of good conditions and pay, I liken my boss to the ‘Soup Nazi’ from ‘Seinfeild!’ (except this time I’m not joking). My question is;
    1/ Despite the loss of giving up my super if I leave, if I change jobs with no break period inbetween, will working in the same field (disability) be viewed by lenders as working in continuous service in the same ‘job/field’?
    2/ If I resign ‘after’ finding/working in another job now, how much loss of credibility will the banks see this as, and if so, what are some ways (if they exist) around this to still obtain competitive interest rates? I’d like to drop my hours down to say 10 hours a week and therefore still be eligible for the long service leave and just get another job to fund/service property investment. The problem I face though is that I am over qualified and ‘cost’ the Dept too much to be given such a short roster as they want their pound of flesh. I guess at the end of the day your health (mental/physical) must come first. I’ve been biting the bullet for so long now but I think my teeth will give way before the bullet! I’d really appreciate the great brokers (and everyone on this site) for your advice and suggestions/options to my dilemma.
    Thanking you in advance.
    Kind Regards,
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

Hi Gatsby
    1/yes – try to avoid ‘probationary’ period
    2/obviously it is always better to secure a new position first – as long as a gap is plausible no real issue there (other than your personal cash flow of course)

long time with same employer or industry is generally a good thing – having a few employers in the last few years in the same industry is generally not challenging to lenders – as long as a plausible thread can be drawn

all the best with it – this part is pretty straight forward – I’ll leave you to juggle the other stuff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.