All Topics / Help Needed! / Building a team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of SandymanSandyman
    @sandyman

My wife and I been doing a lot of research into property investment. Different sources suggest that we must put together a good team to work with e.g. Accountant, solicitor, Valuer and real estate agents.

We are new to the Bunbury, WA area, so if anyone else in the same area have any suggestions as to who we could use it would be much appriciated. Any good experiences? Who to avoid?

Regards
    Gloryboy

Profile photo of SandymanSandyman
    @sandyman

Looks like no suggestions for the Bunbury area.

How about Perth. Any recommendations??

Gloryboy

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

i cant answer for bunbury area, however how i went about it is.
    asked questions, then more questions. asked friends and people on this forum for contacts.
    sacked alot of accountant in the last couple of years until i found one i’m happy with.
    same goes for solicitor and mortgage broker.
    keep looking, but remember. most of these people come across as your friends but at the end of the day you are hiring them to do a job. if they dont come up to expectation. sack them find another. eventually you will find a good team.
    i know this isnt exactly what you’re looking for but it may help you, find that right team.
    cheers
    shaun

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

gloryboy,

I’ll echo what shaun said re distinguishing friends from people you pay. As for me, I have to use a solicitor and an accountant anyway, and I have always had to. I don’t consider them a “team”, just as when I visit a Doctor, I don’t consider him (or her) as part of my “team”, but I do expect that they know their stuff.

Re a solicitor, just remember that if you’re buying property interstate, you may need to use different solicitors. Many don’t feel comfortable doing interstate transactions, but your solicitor can refer you to someone interstate or you can get recommendations for a local solicitor.

kay henry

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi GloryBoy,

Your choice of REA will be determined by the area that you are looking to invest in. Buying in an area because there is a ‘good agent’ there is placing the cart before the horse.

On a similar train of thought it is desirable that the valuer you use will also have to be on your lender’s panel. There are discrepancies between figures provided by valuers and as such there is little point getting a valuation done if the same result cannot be used for finance purposes.

Ultimately you do need to research an area so that you have the capacity to determine market value without the need for a valuer for every property. By all means use one for ‘the’ property but you will need to rely on your skills and knowledge while you sift through the plethora of deals presented to you.

I use Perth based RMG Accounting for my accountancy service and Finance Relations Consultants for my money.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of SandymanSandyman
    @sandyman

Thanks, guys, for your advice. I’ll take it on board.

Gloryboy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.