All Topics / Opinionated! / Distance in hidsight

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

I can vividly remember the day I started a free newsletter and being excited when 16 people signed up.

I can also remember the first ever event that I ran – it wasn’t even anything property related, rather it was a workshop for Uni students who wanted to increase their chances of getting a job.

Having said that, as we cleaned up our office for our move, Brent came across a file that contained all the docs from the first property investing event I held at the Baseball Club in November 1999. I can only imagine the success people there have enjoyed if they jumped into real estate.

The last five or so years have been such an adventure – not just with real estate, but in business and also personally too. I think that personal growth can be easily overshadowed with monetary pursuits, yet this is such a pity as the growth in the self is far more important than the growth in bank balances.

Sometimes our big goals can seem very distant. And sometimes we have very difficult periods that cause us to question why we bother to keep going.

Still, progress may seem slow until such point that we look back and reflect on just how far we have travelled. In my own case I have to pinch myself to believe it and I’m sure that if you spent a few minutes looking at the obstacles that you have overcome then you couldn’t help but be happy about your achievements.

Yes, we can always do more (or less). Yet I believe we are exactly where we need to be. Remember that investing is a means to an ends, not an ends to a means.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Steve & crew,

I can relate to that story….have you got a minute?

Last weekend we competed in our first ever big horse show. My one big goal in life was to be able to ride a horse good enough to one day enter in a show and come home with a ribbon!! [king]

Yesterday we come home with 3 ribbons !!

One for me on my horse,
    One for my other half on his horse,
    and one for him on my horse…(generous aren’t I)

I say that equals 1.5 ribbons each!

It is only such a small thing to some people, but to me I have achieved the unachievable, and I feel like nothing can stop me now.

The moral of my story is:

Believe in yourself, work, work, work, and when you don’t want to, keep working at it…

You will get there, and the rewards will be great!

Good luck all with your dreams…..

Regards,

Del

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Very wise words Steve – we all need to spend time being thankful for the good things that have happened in our lives, and remember how far we’ve come.
    I’ve lost count of how many times I was told I couldn’t buy any more houses because of finance, that started when I think we had 2. Now I’m well into double digits and still going.
    I’ve always believed that whatever the problem, there’s a solution somewhere – it’s then up to me whether I choose to accept the solution. In finance solutions have become more expensive for me! But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and hope to change that very soon.
    In the end I don’t think I’ve reached this point by luck (despite the number of people who tell me how lucky I am!!! grr) but by sticking with it and finding the way.
    I agree that there are difficult periods that test us all, and the successful ones grit their teeth and find a way to move on. Forums like this are certainly a very helpful part of that process.

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

many people in the past and in the future will claim that their ‘financial’ success has been some part due to somekind of special insight. almost like finding the holly grail and everything else just falls into place.

but like someone recently said when we have success we give ourselves great credit. wehen we fail its bad luck.

the truth is alot of our success’s are exactly that – good luck. and the moment we think that its ‘too’ much more than that than you can get in trouble.

rich people, lose everything, on a regular basis, because what they believe was the secret to their success was infact not entirely the case… and when they try and replicate it they wonder why it doesnt work..

dont listen to the doomsayers, but dont believe the hype! dont dont dont believe the hype!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.