All Topics / Finance / Financing a block of land

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of MyydralMyydral
    @myydral

If I wanted to buy a block of land, and sit on it for a while, are the requirements for financing from a lender the same as for a house?

I am looking at getting in early in a subdivision, wait a while, and either build and rent out, or sell for more than I bought.

Would a similar deposit be needed? As long as I can pay the f/n payments i should be okay, right?

Any ideas?

Cheers

“Looking forward to the day when I can tell the boss where to go”

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Same as far as i know.only no Ca$h coming in to assist you, and No tax deductions on Interest component of loan..

If you achieve CG and sell, ur hit with capital gains tax [angry2]

I’m led to believe, for investment purposes you may be able to claim first 12months as deduction if you then build an IP on the Land..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Myydral,

The loan is the same.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of LizzyLizzy
    @lizzy

Myydral,

Just be careful when you get finance as with a land loan there may be a clause that you need to build within 6 months or 12 months or 24 months etc. If you do not build they can up the interest rate or take further action (they prefer not to).

Yes a similar deposit is required, you may be able to get 85%-90% lend depending on where the land is, what size it is.

Check these details with a broker before going ahead.

Liz Wilson

Mortgage Lender

Profile photo of LizzyLizzy
    @lizzy

Depending on the lender… sometimes wording maybe “completion within 8 months of settlement”.

In essence, be mindful to check any conditions.

Liz Wilson

Mortgage Lender

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.