All Topics / Help Needed! / Searching for positive cashflow properties

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Profile photo of passivepassive
    @passive

Are there any other site where you can search for positive cashflow properties apart from realestate.com.au?

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

yep,

realenz.co.nz

NZ Bird Dogs. SOLD OUT! More deals coming…

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

domain.com.au, property.com.au, hit all the real estate pages like harcourts.com.au or raywhite.com.au then go to google and type in realestate.

quartile.com.au is great for info on the market and some investing too.

Go go get em.

DD

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

How are you utilising Quartile.com.au DD ??

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

also try

http://www.property.com.au
    http://www.propertyguide.com.au

but sorry to disappoint you, there is not much left of any quality in australia. but don’t stop lookikg just because i said, because there are still deals to be done

regards westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

just seeing their recommendations and the 3 month trends in data state by state. Good starting point for beginners. I just like the site. Not to keen on some of their property though, just the data.

DD

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Passive,

Looking online isn’t necessarily the best way to find deals – our last three were not advertised online.

I suggest you get a bit Active and talk to agents directly in your chosen areas.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

passive, go to schinellas real estate at broken hill- cashflow properties galore there. I think they are now associated with The Professionals group of RE co’s. I’d look it up for you but my computer is being mean.

kay henry

Participant
    @minimogul

eww, KAY!!!! this really scares me, and shows how desperate Aussies are to buy up the dregs of their well and truly boomed property market. YES broken hill is CF+ve but it’s so risky as it’s so remote and only relies on one industry. It’s not a tourism place, it’s not on the state highway one en route to whatever and there are about a zillion places I would recommend for CF+ve before Broken Hill. You can totally get whatever yields they have in BH in NZ in far better places with more prospects and not remote. like say 80k out of a town the size of newcastle. Nowhere in NZ is remote really because it’s so small.

Participant
    @minimogul

“Looking online isn’t necessarily the best way to find deals”

I disagree mainly because you can trawl through hundreds of deals on the net with a fast computer and high speed access like I have and check out many areas in the process. In real life you could maybe inspect about 85 in two weeks, a lot slower

You use the internet as leverage. yes agents give you deals first once you know them but the internet is how I found my first three properties which got me to that point with agents

@kay-henry

See, Mini- this is what I mean about the negative naysayer stuff… Your response to Broken Hill is “eew”. well, others have bought up in queenstown, tasmania, or in other places all over australia too. I may not choose to buy a house in one particular area, but then, might not buy one in the North Shore either (sorry Rugs *mwah*) for my own reasons.

Half the people on here are saying they can’t find CF+ in Australia. I was just saying, yes, they exist, and Broken Hill is one area where they do so.

I’m surprised that you, as a buyer of super cheap properties that some people would never dream of purchasing, would have an issue with other people buying cheap properties. Why is someone a “dream breaker” when they question your choice of purchases, and yet you can happily “eew” another person’s choices? I am not sure I understand that. I know that you’ll respond with the “mono-industry” aspect, and yes, I understand that… but it’s the principle I am thinking of, where you get annoyed at other people (including your family) not supporting your cheap properties, and yet you call people who might choose to buy in Broken Hill “desperate”… because I know you’d hate it if someone on here called you that.

kay henry

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey
    Originally posted by MiniMogul:

“Looking online isn’t necessarily the best way to find deals”

I disagree mainly because you can trawl through hundreds of deals on the net with a fast computer and high speed access like I have and check out many areas in the process. In real life you could maybe inspect about 85 in two weeks, a lot slower

You use the internet as leverage. yes agents give you deals first once you know them but the internet is how I found my first three properties which got me to that point with agents

Gee that’s a slow approach you have.

Sure you can look at hundreds of properties quickly online – but who wants to waste time doing that!

We try to consider no more than 20 properties to find the five we offer on at a time. And we only look at the ones we offer on (except when researching an area)

How do we do that?

We first research the areas – so we don’t need to trawl through lots of properties pointlessly. Most of our online time for properties is spent researching, not looking at specific properties.

Then we call the real estate agents & have them send us the deals that match what we want.

And we look at the local papers for those badly advertised private sales (our last property had a two line ad basically saying: ‘6 bedroom house for sale – Open house Saturday 2pm – email [email protected]

We bought about 25% below market at the time.

Now THESE are the real gems. You won’t find them online.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Participant
    @minimogul

Kay, I didn’t even think you were really into CF+ve properties to begin with and now you’re recommending Broken Hill.

My, how the worm hath turned!! And I’m being called a negative nay-sayer now, when only a couple of months ago i had to email you pictures of my properties so you could know what I was talking about!!

I am now a bit scared that I may have over-convinced you – rushing off to broken hill to buy what you think is an equivalent property to the ones I bought.

SOOO NOT!! in my opinion!

I don’t have any issue with super-cheap properties, i love them!! I think they go up in value at a rate disproportionate to what they SHOULD go up at! it’s wicked!

I know why I bought three super-cheap properties – I could get three houses instead of one – and you know what? that appealed to me! Also the towns are really pretty, one is on the coast, sure it might have only had a population of 1500 but it was only half an hour out of a large regional town/city – and most of all, there was high rental demand, (rental agent had zero properties for rent. demand has increased now so they have 70 people on the waiting list) – prices were ridiculously low and I had observed what had been happening in Australia/tasmania and believed NZ was next. i was right and have achieved capital gains of 50-60 percent in one year as well as 20 percent yields. One of my towns was in an area near tourism i.e. kind of what Cooma is to Jindabyne, on a main artery highway, 2 hours from international airport, in the populated island where 3/4 of NZ lives, stable farming town, new cafes and tourist attractions popping up all the time (area in transition) , sought after for lifestyle block type country idyll living…

So I know why IIIIII bought there. But do you know why *you* are buying in Broken Hill? I mean, sell the place to me…give me some ideas of prices, rental demand, etc….

Convince me it’s NOT the ewwww-dregs of the Aussie property market I think it is…

Queenstown Tasmania I think is much more comparable to NZ than broken hill is…but there was no deal-breaker reason to buy there instead for me, only negatives (CG tax, stamp duty.)

if you’d bought my kind of property in Queenstown though (16 k, trashed, do it up for 9) you probably would have had good yields and 60 percent capital gains as well. I have never said anything against Tasmania. but broken hill…

I don’t have any issue with buying cheap properties. of course I don’t!! Sometimes I wonder where you are coming from with your…um…comprehension of what I write. So not!
    So didn’t say that!!

Yep. the mono-industry ALONE exists in NZ too (one such town happens to be the number two cashflow town) but i don’t have anything there yet, though am looking at a block of flats perhaps. BUT unlike broken hill it’s 80K away from an international airport and the second biggest city in NZ.

With broken hill, it’s the combination of middle of nowhere, hostile climate, mono-industry
    that to me says – ” why would I choose that when I could get the same yields in NZ for the same price without all that added risk?”

I mean, CONVINCE me, if you wanna have a real debate here, or else, just admit i am right.

Participant
    @minimogul

“Sure you can look at hundreds of properties quickly online – but who wants to waste time doing that!”

Aceydeucy, perhaps I just cast my net a bit wider than yours. It’s just a research tool with which I retain my kind of….encyclopaedic knowledge of the market. (NZ). Basically I make it my business to look at the entire market on a regular basis.

>And we only look at the ones we offer on (except >when researching an area
    >We first research the areas – so we don’t need >to trawl through lots of properties pointlessly.

I certainly research the areas too but I also research *the properties in the area* as a part of that research.

>Most of our online time for properties is spent >researching, not looking at specific properties.

If I understand you correctly, you are purchasing properties in an area you have ‘researched’ but this ‘research’ doesn’t include looking on the internet at other properties in that area….
    that to me is quite a wacky concept which I can’t quite get my logical head around.

BTW do you have high speed internet access?

@kay-henry

Mini,

I didn’t recommend anything. I referred the author of the post to a RE in Broken Hill. I am interested in how you seem to want me to “just admit I am right”. Where does that come from? And what would I be “admitting” to? You wrote more than 10 paragraphs- am I admitting that “I was wrong and you were right in every word you said”? hehe. Come on Mini.

The point that I was making in my last post is that one person’s due diligence is another person’s dream-breaking negative naysayer attitude. (I love those terms by the way- I think they’re cute :o)

Sometimes I question things, and people’s RE choices, and sometimes you do. I like people to think about things, and so do you. I was really joking about hte negative naysayer thing, but trying to draw your attention to the thought that, when someone else critiques someone’s strategies or RE, then some* people on here howl them down as negative naysayers., when in fact, that person is merely trying to engage in discussion and provide different perspectives, and that what is good for the goose, ought be good for the gander. Now, I am not calling you a goose, nor even a gander. I am suggesting that we all engage in critique when we feel it is necessary. You have made your views on roken Hill clear, and I make my views clear about other things. Are we both negative naysayer doome and gloom merchants? Or are we both engaging in discussion from our own viewpoints?

Now, admit I am right! hehe! Problem is, you have to work out what you are admitting I am right about though :+P

kay henry

Participant
    @minimogul

>I didn’t recommend anything. I referred the >author of the post to a RE in Broken Hill.

don’t split hairs, you know there are some people here who may go and take your ‘referrals’ as advice, whether you meant it or not. Be responsible with your ‘referrals’.

it’s a bit like saying ‘here, have a black jellybean’ knowing the kid is gonna spit it out.

>And what would I be “admitting” to?

That broken hill despite “being CF+ve” is the dregs of the Australian property market and represents desperation, in that people might actually take leave of their senses and purchase there in their crazed pursuit of CF+ve properties. (now, maybe if they fixed that hill….)

If someone would like to stand up in defence of investing in BH now would be a good time…

>The point that I was making in my last post is >that one person’s due diligence is another >person’s dream-breaking negative naysayer >attitude.

Yah whatever. Too subtle. What I read was ‘Broken Hill is a go!”

>Sometimes I question things, and people’s RE >choices, and sometimes you do.
    >I like people to think about things,

and I like you to think about things before you write them, next time, and waste my and everybody’s time a bit less by causing me to pull you up on it

>I was really joking about hte negative naysayer >thing,

well then write “hehe” after it next time so i don’t miss it again when you’re cracking a joke, or else work on your punchlines some more

>when someone else critiques someone’s strategies >or RE, then some* people on here howl them down >as negative naysayers., when in fact, that >person is merely trying to engage in discussion >and provide different perspectives, and that >what is good for the goose, ought be good for >the gander.

I gandered right back, backing up why I said eww/dregs and you went all soft on me. Hopeless. I think this time it’s me gander, you goose

>I am suggesting that we all engage in critique >when we feel it is necessary.

i felt it necessary to criticise your ‘referral’ of people to Broken Hill where they could find some +ve CF properties. trap for the unwary player, and all that.

>Or are we both engaging in discussion from our own viewpoints?
    You don’t even have a viewpoint. You’re just wasting time disagreeing with me for the sake of it.

>Now, admit I am right! hehe! Problem is, you have to work out what you are >admitting I am right about though :+P

*aaargh* save me from the psychodrama

joy to the world

Profile photo of 1HotValuer1HotValuer
    Participant
    @1hotvaluer

If Broken Hill is so bad, then why are most of the properties SOLD on that web site ??!!Huh.

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Hi HotValuer,

The fact most are sold might be indicative of the herd mentality surrounding CF+ at the moment, and nothing else. Cobar NSW also went through a mini-boom, and I would never buy there unless the yields were ridiculously high (my family is from there originally) …

Cheers
    r

@kay-henry

Well, I wouldn’t buy in any of those places. Nor would i get a pre-nuptial relationship agreement. I have and will however, post links to inquiries when I choose to.

kay henry

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond
    Originally posted by kay henry:

Well, I wouldn’t buy in any of those places. Nor would i get a pre-nuptial relationship agreement. I have and will however, post links to inquiries when I choose to.

kay henry

absolutely kay… I don’t know why answering a query sometimes leads to misconceptions from other posters, but it seems to at times…

Cheers
    r

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.