All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Another help please…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of fjficmfjficm
    @fjficm

I have 4 IPs valued recently @ $1.075mil with a LOC loan. They are all currently in my name. I am not thinking of buying more props in the next 6-12 months and to consolidate. Therefore this allows me time to think about a trust setup. Currently, I owe about 500K and overall small CF +ve every yeear <5K.

What sort of trust will benefit me the most from a tax viewpoint and also asset protection. My potential beneficiaries are my mum, cuurently retired and my sister who earns around 35-40K.

Also can I transfer the props which are currently in my name to these trusts.

Thank you for your opinions and anticipating ANY constructive advice

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

fjficm,

There’s a similar thread active on this forum right now, so you’re not alone with this dilemma.

You’ll be paying Stamp Duty costs at minimum to transfer to a Trust, plus likely loan fees plus more.

Frankly I reckon you’re best off holding these properties in your own name and simply buying future properties through a trust structure.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

fjifcm, following on from Acey’s points, you could then offer the properties as security for the trust to borrow 100% loans. This will aid in your asset protection, as your properties in your name are now pretty much fully encumbered by the bank..

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.