All Topics / General Property / How to YOU Do It??

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

quite agree with you Elves, even if its a couple hundred a week +ve, still that wouldnt cut it for me either…

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

You have age on your side sis.Maybe everyone should have their age published next to their name.That way people of a similar age could relate to the advice given by someone of a similar age.
    Everyone has to take their age into account when investing.
    When you are young you can take a bit more risk you have time to recover after you ____ up.
    But as you get older your investment strategies need to reflect your age.If you ____ up at 50 you dont have much time to get it right before you retire.
    Something to think about I reckon.
    Russ.

Profile photo of ZimonyaZimonya
    Participant
    @zimonya

good topic this, I will tell you my answer once I have been doing it for a while as I do have age on my side.

Generally in most things in life though there is no one straight answer and different situations and markets etc might call for different approaches eg generally anyone chasing capital gains now and using negative gearing would be silly unless they found a good deal and it was in an area they were almost certain was going to grow.

A balance is normally a good thing though and so maybe the answer is to balance the +ve with -ve, leaving as much in between as you want to live off at the moment.

Well cheers and thanks for the stimulation!

Zimonya

Profile photo of ArthurKArthurK
    Participant
    @arthurk

I think that if your’re underlying goal is to work less, have more, and have more time to enjoy it and you don’t have much $$ to start with, then your better off staring out with positive cashflow, before moving onto negative. There are plenty of reasons for this to be true…Steve’s book outlines many of them.

Cheers,

Arthur.K

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey
    Originally posted by RussH:

Huge capital gains.But how does that put money in your pocket each week when you retire.You have to sell a property to get the gain.Then you pay a shitload of tax.Then you have to invest that money somewhere to give you instant access so you have a weekly wage.
    I still think the idea sucks.
    Russ.

Refinance. Buy an annuity. Repeat every five years.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

I have nothing to pick on any-ones technique, it’s hard when you don’t know their full story.

My technique (work in progress) is to buy props that are slightly neg-geared in potential growth areas (ie: country), and then get creative and do as much as i can to turn them +ve cash flow.

[cowboy2]

lifexperience

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.