Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Profile photo of gmh454gmh454
    @gmh454

People will judge you no matter what. My wife and I used to visit Peppers at Terrigal (when it was called Peppers) When we started staying there we lived at Peakhurst Sydney, (a lot a fibro housing commission for those who don’t know it ). We were quite surprised how the reception and other staff treated us when the sddress changed to Glenhaven (up in the Sydney Hills)

Another eg was when we put our eldest in Kings, when he was 16. The first question from other parents was not what school did my son used to go to, but what school did I go to ?????Unfortunatley not being ex GPS I kind of felt excluded (and it was not subtle )

People if you are different to them they will let you know it.

On property I don’t tell anyone cause its none of their business, also learnt my lessons the hard way (see above for eg )

For all you young and enthusiastic investors, cheers, and don’t let em get you down.

Profile photo of WallFlowerWallFlower
    @wallflower

Richard Kiosaki said ‘if your a poor asshole, then get rich , you’ll just become a rich asshole’ or ‘the love of money is the root of all evil’ notice it dosn’tsay ‘money is the root of all evil, it says the ‘love of….’ I have this kick arse friend who drives a saab convertible and is very well off and is also the kindest, most loving bloke i know (beside the husband). When i first met him i was really intimidated by what i ‘thought’ he was like, because of the outward things i saw in his life, not that he paraded them.I think because of my own insecurities i treated him differently. Most of the time when people take the time to get to know you, your wealth (or lack of it) fades into insignificance and the true you shines through…good or BAD

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.